Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is a Nautilus Docking Station...Mary Ellen 2970

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the panel where the water hose is plugged in at the basement storage area on the driver's side of the rig. The panel should be the same as the Reflection trailers but GD went cheap on the Imagine series. There is really no excuse for the panel to be as cheap as GD made it on Imagine trailers.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    It is the panel where the water hose is plugged in at the basement storage area on the driver's side of the rig. The panel should be the same as the Reflection trailers but GD went cheap on the Imagine series. There is really no excuse for the panel to be as cheap as GD made it on Imagine trailers.
    Actually...if you search around about the Nautilus, it has been a source of problems for many, many owners. I greatly prefer the simplicity of the system used in the Imagine line. Never have experienced it, but there have been a few reports of the water tank filling itself, even though the fill lever is set to "city" water. The usual cause is an O-ring that slips due to turning the lever when there is water pressure in the system. Sometimes it can be re-seated by disconnecting the hose and flipping the lever a few times. Otherwise the side panel comes off, and the lever assembly then taken apart. Probably will never have to worry about it, as long as you turn the lever before turning on the hose.

BTW - even camping over in Lancaster for 2 weeks in 90-95 degree weather (OP is from Philly, so knows what summer is like there), we did not need the second AC. Texas in the summer, definitely. We did, however, pay the dealer extra to install 2 variable speed fans - one in the kitchen vent, one in the bedroom. Those help a lot on those days when it is warm, but you don't want to close it all up to run the AC. Get the kind with the cover to allow you to use them in the rain. Skip the kind that automatically close when it rains - good idea, except for those muggy 80 degree days when again, you shouldn't have to run the AC because it is a little warm, and just need some moving air.

Tip #2 - the awning is huge. And if fully extended, it can touch the top of one of the slides. On first glance, it appears like it could be a wear point. Just slightly roll back the awning to give it an inch or so of clearance, then won't be an issue. BTW - NEVER leave the awning out when you are away, or inside for long periods. Sudden wind can do a lot of damage if that sail is open!
    Last edited by sande005; 02-17-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! We are going for our demo on our new 2670 on Friday. Can't wait.

I did do more research than I care to admit on what hitch to purchase. It was a tough nut to swallow, but we spend the $ on the ProPride. I read too many stories of 2670 owners who didn't and ended up doing it after they spent $800-$1000 on something else (plus I had TW looking over my shoulder with "that look"). I looked at it as saving $800.

You also will want to pay attention to your payload capacity. I will also be towing with a 1/2 ton, but it has better payload than most. Our first trip will be about 20 miles from home so I can come back to my shop for tools/fabrication if needed, and it's near the CAT scales which I plan on spending time at as well. There's a CAT scales app that is recommended in the forums as well.

Good luck and enjoy!
    Jeff & Sherry
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2019 F150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4,
    HDPP, Max Tow, 6.5, ProPride

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Actually...if you search around about the Nautilus, it has been a source of problems for many, many owners. I greatly prefer the simplicity of the system used in the Imagine line. Never have experienced it, but there have been a few reports of the water tank filling itself, even though the fill lever is set to "city" water. The usual cause is an O-ring that slips due to turning the lever when there is water pressure in the system. Sometimes it can be re-seated by disconnecting the hose and flipping the lever a few times. Otherwise the side panel comes off, and the lever assembly then taken apart. Probably will never have to worry about it, as long as you turn the lever before turning on the hose.

BTW - even camping over in Lancaster for 2 weeks in 90-95 degree weather (OP is from Philly, so knows what summer is like there), we did not need the second AC. Texas in the summer, definitely. We did, however, pay the dealer extra to install 2 variable speed fans - one in the kitchen vent, one in the bedroom. Those help a lot on those days when it is warm, but you don't want to close it all up to run the AC. Get the kind with the cover to allow you to use them in the rain. Skip the kind that automatically close when it rains - good idea, except for those muggy 80 degree days when again, you shouldn't have to run the AC because it is a little warm, and just need some moving air.

Tip #2 - the awning is huge. And if fully extended, it can touch the top of one of the slides. On first glance, it appears like it could be a wear point. Just slightly roll back the awning to give it an inch or so of clearance, then won't be an issue. BTW - NEVER leave the awning out when you are away, or inside for long periods. Sudden wind can do a lot of damage if that sail is open!
    I'd be willing to take the chance with the upgraded Nautilus panel for the convenience it offers. I've seen a lot of pros as well as cons about the panel. I agree about the air conditioners...we have yet to use the bedroom unit, but i imagine that south Texas or the desert would probably require it. I wish I could have gotten Maxair fans but I bought my rig off the lot...now I have to replace both of those crappy fans as a "When-I-Get-The-Time" project. Not looking forward to getting all of that sealant off the roof without damaging the membrane. Heading to Charleston first week in April so de-winterizing a little early this year.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McDugals View Post
    Congrats! We are going for our demo on our new 2670 on Friday. Can't wait.

I did do more research than I care to admit on what hitch to purchase. It was a tough nut to swallow, but we spend the $ on the ProPride. I read too many stories of 2670 owners who didn't and ended up doing it after they spent $800-$1000 on something else (plus I had TW looking over my shoulder with "that look"). I looked at it as saving $800.

You also will want to pay attention to your payload capacity. I will also be towing with a 1/2 ton, but it has better payload than most. Our first trip will be about 20 miles from home so I can come back to my shop for tools/fabrication if needed, and it's near the CAT scales which I plan on spending time at as well. There's a CAT scales app that is recommended in the forums as well.

Good luck and enjoy!
    Just crossed New Mexico and Texas in 40-50 mph winds, my equalizer hitch did just fine ��

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    The generator question can be postponed, if you want. Depends on how much you will be camping in places with no power.
    With just the single A/C you can easily power the whole unit with a 30 amp connection. I haven't ever plugged mine into a 50A. Can sometimes save a couple of dollars at campgrounds. For sure make sure you get a 50 to 30 adaptor, at the least. And if you also get a 30 to 15, you can plug into a home outlet. Not good enough for running the AC or microwave, but you can charge your battery and run everything else off of the home connection. My dealer (or maybe it was Grand Design itself) included them as part of the trailer.
    Hi Sande005, my wife and I just bought an imagine mk2670 and have had it about two months. I need to get a different truck since I had the trailer delivered to the campground where we're at since my truck couldn't. I see you are towing with a F-150 with the HD payload. I am debating between 1/2 and 3/4 ton. We are in travel healthcare and are currently in WA state, but are from Ohio and will be towing back to the East Coast when we're done here. We will probably mostly work on the east coast after here, but still we be driving far inbetween states at times, ex: Ohio to SC. Do you have the 20" rims and upgraded springs on your truck? We travel light and will probably be around 7,600 to 7,800 full loaded. Any advice on 1/2 vs. 3/4 ton? Thanks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your 2670 has 2 3500lb axles i’m wondering why you would plan on pulling at 75-7800 lbs. if it has 2 4000lb axles you would still be at close to the max rather than pulling with some margin of safety, regardless of which TV you choose. food for thought, just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Schiefswret; 03-27-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    if your 2670 has 2 3500lb axles i’m wondering why you would plan on pulling at 75-7800 lbs. if it has 2 4000lb axles you would still be at close to the max rather than pulling with some margin of safety, regardless of which TV you choose. food for thought, just my 2 cents.
    It actually has 2 4400lb axles. I'd say 7800 would be at the higher range. I try to keep things light and never tow with water in the tank. A F-150 4x2 properly equipped with the tow package can tow up to 13,200 I believe. I think the heavy duty package includes larger wheels, upgraded shocks, a tranny cooler, and a few other things. I just wondered if the wheel base would be better for towing on a 3/4 ton.
    Last edited by chrisopy; 03-27-2020 at 12:03 PM.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, resurrecting you post! Congratulations! We just purchased the 2670 today. Went and look at it and two others that were 6-8k cheaper but this was the one we really liked. Decided to get it and not be sorry 6 months later. We'll be towing with a Ram 1500 with 5.7 Hemi and max tow package. Rated towing at 11,300 lbs and about 1800 max payload over truck weight. Should be good if we keep the trailer loaded below capacity. We're getting a Blue Ox swaypro weight distribution hitch. Have you took delivery on the trailer yet? Ours was an in stock model. Last of 2 2020's at the dealer. After they're gone the 2021's come in with a price about 10k higher.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123