User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just Bought the 2670MK!

Hello,

I just purchased the 2670MK and they are now ordering it. They said it should take about 6 to 8 weeks for delivery! My girlfriend and I are excited to take it to our local campgrounds at the Jersey Shore for a few weekends here and there and then start traveling the country with it, mostly from PA to Florida and maybe over to Texas.

We purchased it with the dinette option and the pull out sofa as we want to have extra places for people to sleep in case friends and family want to come on a trip. We got the one AC unit for now until we figure out if we need the other one.

Any tips for us while we wait? Stuff we should have done to it at the RV center or any recommended sway/hitch setups?

Also, I do have one question, what size generator would you recommend I need for this? Also, what type of security systems do they offer for this when I'm out of the park doing things and it's left alone?
    Last edited by EddieK82; 02-04-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!
    Read the FAQs, and check the files/downloads for the new camper equipment list and the pre-delivery inspection info. Read everything you can.
    Ask questions - just try to remember to mention your model and if asking about a device or system, include specifics. You'll get more useful results with "my Dometic 1234 isn't cooling on propane" than "my fridge ain't werkin ..."

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congtratulations. Upgrades? A slideout topper (awning) to keep to top of the slideout clean. Another thing I usually add right away is a EMS (Electrical Management System) to protect everything. I installed a Progressive Industries hardwired unit.

You didn't mention what your tow vehicle is, but a good weight distributing hitch is mandatory. The tongue weight will be close to 1000 lbs, so get the 1000 lb bar model. Or, if you want absolute peace of mind, check into a Hensley Hitch or a ProPride 3P.
    Expensive as hell, but worth it.

I use a 2000 watt Yamaha inverter generator. But to be fair, not quite enough power if I want to microwave, but for TV and lights and the fireplace it is enough. I am going to install a "soft start" on my air conditioner, it is claimed that it will allow the air conditioner to run on a 2000 watt generator....we'll see!

We live in Mass...just about another 8 weeks to camping season!

Dave

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! We nabbed our 2670 last September and we've had it out a few times. Just prior to our trailer's delivery to the dealer, my wife downloaded a list of things to check-out when the rig was handed over to us. That was a good idea although we didn't find anything to complain about. Before leaving the dealer, I would suggest having them demonstrate how to synchronize both sides of the slide-outs. It's easy when one sees it done...not so clear when the process must be described over the phone. Just so you know, the water pump (2020 model) and winterization valve is up in the front lower compartment and there are two low-point drains underneath the water heater at the rear of the trailer.

We have a Honda 2K/1.8K inverter and if I was to do it over I'd get the Champion 3.1K/3.4K dual-fuel setup...but we're using what we had from a previous RV and the 2K Honda is more-or-less adequate. With a 2670 one might be able to fuel the Champion using the propane line that feeds the external cooktop. If so, I'd maybe find that appealing.
    2020 Imagine MK2670
    2017 Wolf Creek 850
    2018 Ram 3500 6.7 SRW / Aisin

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The generator question can be postponed, if you want. Depends on how much you will be camping in places with no power.
    With just the single A/C you can easily power the whole unit with a 30 amp connection. I haven't ever plugged mine into a 50A. Can sometimes save a couple of dollars at campgrounds. For sure make sure you get a 50 to 30 adaptor, at the least. And if you also get a 30 to 15, you can plug into a home outlet. Not good enough for running the AC or microwave, but you can charge your battery and run everything else off of the home connection. My dealer (or maybe it was Grand Design itself) included them as part of the trailer.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's a 2015 Silverado 1500 with Tow Package. Using that for the next year or year and half while we only go from Philly to souther jersey, about 90 miles. But will upgrade it to a 2500 when we plan on taking our longer trips.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trading a 2088BH in for a 2670Mk and will pick it up 2-15-20. I think you made an excellent choice in a TT. Since we've had the 2800BH for 2.5 yrs, all I'll really need to do is upgrade my EMS to a Progressive Industries 50 amp protector. We glamp in Indiana State parks, so a generator isn't required. Security hasn't been an issue so far (knock on wood). Campers still seem to respect the property of others.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the 2670MK. It was and still is our first trailer and we love it! Awesome floor plan. Enjoy!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ArmyLifer.... thank you for your service,.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast