Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DIY Picture Gallery ?

This is probably a question for the forum administrators . . . but, could a DIY picture gallery be set up to help those planning projects or needing to make repairs that have already been accomplished by others ?

A while ago, I asked Grand Design directly if they could provide pictures from the manufacturing process and received a “we’ll look into it” reply. It would be a great addition to a DIY picture gallery, if they could be convinced to participate. For example, pictures from the manufacturing process would show where the frame structure is, where the roof beams are, where the tanks are, where the wiring harnesses run, where it would be safe to drill a hole and, more importantly, where not to drill a hole . . . etc.

As owners are starting to do their own maintenance and repairs with the running gear and behind the access panels, some really useful reference pictures are starting to appear on this forum . . . but these are not retained in any organized manner. It would be great if these pictures could be gathered in one place and sorted by model (Reflection/Solitude/etc) or by system (plumbing/wiring/HVAC/etc). It would probably be useful if each photo was published with a meaningful name, to make best use of the search tool and to help others find what they might be looking for.

As they say . . . a picture can be worth a thousand words . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I to would like to see this done,,,,,,,,,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too would like to see this,,,,,,,,,,,,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea!

Gary, Deborah & Boo Kitty Girl Westoby
    2016 Grand Design Solitude ST 379 FL (Beautiful Behemoth)
    Purchased in 2019
    Rosie (the Riveter) 2019 Ram Limited Dually, Bright White
    Reese 20K M5 5th Wheel Hitch
    Retirement for Deborah 12.31.20 / Gary 5.31.21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like an awesome idea!
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well . . . this revived an old thread
    Since I wrote the OP over two years ago, a few things have changed. There is now a "library" section on the forum, but no one seems to be able to figure out the approval process to post things there. I have also learned that GDRV is very protective of their manufacturing processes. While any owner can tour the plant and discuss anything with them in great detail, they do not want pictures posted to public forums. Unfortunate, but understandable.

I still think that a common reference location for DIY information would be a great idea.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've checked the reference library repeatedly, expecting to see additional info in there, maybe checklists, manuals, etc. If I'm reading it correctly, there are only two topics listed, and until recently there was only one. It would be great to beef up this section of the forum.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, love the idea. It would make it so much easier for those of us starting our mods to see what other have done, and post what we do as well.

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rob,

I did a little experimenting and think there might be a solution. Under the "Communities" tab, there is a tab for "Albums". I was able to upload seven random pictures into it for a test.

A person could post written information in a blog or other area, and then link them to the album such as I'm doing here. Maybe we could establish a format for this type of activity.

http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...php?albumid=84

Jim

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just noticed that there is a place at the bottom of each picture where you can post extensive comments about the picture. These albums and the associated comments might be a great place for posting "How To" information. A person could post information here on the forum about what they've done, then provide a link to the album for more detailed information.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast