User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    What's the sound like on those Champions? In the past they were only slightly quieter than a Jumbo jet taking off. Most often building contractors use them since they don't care about noise. If you have another RV within a couple hundreds yards of you they might not be so happy.
    I can't speak with any authority but I've read on the internet (so it must be true) that the noise level on the Champions may, or may not be, just slightly more noticable than the Honda or Yamaha equivalent
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep hearing a lot of good stuff about the Predator Line from Harbor Freight. I don't need anything since I have a 2000 W and a 4000W to use as needed. But..... I DW ever closes her eyes long enough I may get one just because.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I currently have the Cabelas 3800/4750w generator with remote start. I love that it handles everything on the trailer and starts up without me even leaving the trailer. I dont like how big and bulky and load it is. Takes 2 of us to move it anywhere.
    So I have been looking at those little 2000w ones from honda, yamaha, etc... While significantly more expensive, they are much smaller and quieter. What I want to know is will they run the AC unit on my trailer? Not sure what Watts my AC draws when starting. Anybody else using them?
    GDRV site has an Owners Manual section as well as the one you should have received with your Imagine which has a page(s) listing the approx. amps draw for the various electrical components. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...owners-manuals

Looks like it is page 84 of your manual for the latest version. The amps listed X volts (120) will yield watts as noted at the top of the page as copied from the manual and posted as follows:

Approximate Electrical Load Ratings
    Use the actual amperage of the appliance when possible.
    (Watts ÷Volts)
    120 Volt System
    Air Conditioner 14-18 amps
    Coffee Maker 6-12 amps
    Converter (Each) 8-11 amps
    Curling Iron or Hair Dryer 10-14 amps
    DVD /Blu-ray System 3 amps
    Microwave 12 amps
    Refrigerator 6 amps
    Satellite Receiver 2 amps
    TV 2-4 amps
    Vacuum Cleaner 8 amps
    Washer / Dryer 12 amps
    Water Heater 12 amps

By the way, Tucson Jim who is not active on the forum any longer conducted a test of various generators including noise levels. As I recall both he and his son decided upon Champions. A search will find the threads/posts if you wish to do so.

Dan
    Last edited by Canyonlight; 02-06-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Cabelas model is a champion and its 2 years old and might as well be a jumbo jet at the campsite. Hence looking towards something smaller and lighter and most importantly quieter.

Than onan p2500 is looking really tempting. Can be run in parrellel, 46lbs, 58 decibles and 1/2 the cost of the honda. Might even get away with AC on one with that soft start thing... just wish they had remote start.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached couple threads from Tucson Jim sharing feedback on the Champion 2000 and related items as shared in my post #12 :

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...light=champion

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...light=champion

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimitedmatt View Post
    One cool thing I did with my 2800 was to remove the outside refrigerator, the 2 generators fit in its place.Attachment 24750
    I do like that idea. A little concerned about temperature in there with both running and permeation of the exhaust into the TT. Have you used it much in this configuration?
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    I do like that idea. A little concerned about temperature in there with both running and permeation of the exhaust into the TT. Have you used it much in this configuration?
    I'm pretty sure he mentioned in that thread that he just transports them in that compartment, not running them in there.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    What's the sound like on those Champions? In the past they were only slightly quieter than a Jumbo jet taking off. Most often building contractors use them since they don't care about noise. If you have another RV within a couple hundreds yards of you they might not be so happy.
    There's a big difference between construction and general use generators. They run at full throttle all the time--sucking gas and making noise. Inverter Generators only run fast enough to provide the electricity being demanded. They're very quiet and fuel efficient.

As far as Champion inverter generators, they're probably 5% louder than the very expensive Honda/Yamaha inverter generators. But they're nothing like old Briggs powered junk generators campers use at NASCAR tracks. They're very quiet.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Txfivver is correct. I only use that area to store and transport them.
    2019 2800bh
    2018 Silverado 1500

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto on the microair easy start. Don't buy a cheaper generator, get a Honda or Yamaha, they last for years without problems and perform the best. Too bad Echo doesn't make a generator, I can pick up my chainsaw after not running it for 5 years and it starts on the third pull. BTW I purchased a couple Generac 2000w models and don't recommend them, their throttle response to an inductive load leaves a lot to be desired. Although mine are 5 yrs old, they may be a lot better now. If I had it to do over I would have bought the Honda's.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 02-09-2020 at 07:09 AM.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast