User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    2000 watts is around 16 amps. They likely have a 15 amp breaker on the generator. I won't tell you it is impossible, you could have a 13k and put a hard start capacitor with nothing else on and maybe get it to work but your experience isn't going to be a good one if you expect to run air with that generator. You really need a little more juice if you want to run air. You could hook two up in parallel, its only money
    Get an Easy Start.

Garry Owen 1/7 RVN
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've installed an Micro Air Easy Start 364 in 2 trailers, the latest our 2020 Imagine 2600RB. We've had absolutely no issues running the AC with a 2KW Champion. If we think we want to run the AC AND the microwave, we use our 3500/3100 Dual Fuel Champion. Both are inverters, which provide a stable 60Hz sine wave at 120-124VAC. If you want to protect your AC and electronics, go with an inverter. Also, if you do go with any inverter or generator, you will need to make (or purchase) a neutral ground adapter. Easy to make yourself, just search youtube. Portable inverters/generators have what's called a floating ground, and tying the ground and neutral together will let the trailer see ground.

Also you might really consider an EMS to protect from the electrical system of the trailer from low and high voltage, bad ground, miswired, etc electrical podiums.

Here's a tip, if you order direct from Micro-Air, use the promo code AIRSTREAM for a $25 discount. And as of today, they are running a special with free shipping and install kit. Not sure how long that will be running.
    Last edited by more tired since retired; 02-12-2020 at 03:17 PM. Reason: promo code
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 13500 BTU air conditioner. Tried to use my Yamaha 2000 inverter but it would not pull the air. Bought the Softstart unit from Micro-Air and the Yamaha still would not pull the air conditioner. I had about 3 amps being used before I started the air. I returned the Micro-Air got my $290.00 refund and purchased a Champion 3400 remote start generator. I'm much happier. Now I don't have to worry as much on what's on when I want to use the air conditioner. Thats just me. Good luck.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The newer Champion inverters are excellent.
    You can buy a pair of the 2000w inverters with the kit that allows you to connect them together for under or right at $1000. They are stackable and only weigh 50lbs each so they are super easy to load and unload.
    I have a pair that I use to run my AC no problem. Another plus to having a pair is when you don't need your AC you can run them 1 at a time and save fuel.
    In eco mode they are as quiet as a honda or yamaha. Even when under a load they are still pretty quiet. A friend was camping next to us in his motorhome and his onboard generator was louder.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Champion 3400 watt duel fuel generator and a Champion 2000 watt gas generator, both inverter type gens. I can run them independently; I only bring the 2000 watt gen in winter or 3400 when i want to run one A/C. I can parallel them together, which I have yet to do to try and run both A/Cs but will try that later once summer arrives! I have a Champion 9000-ish watt duel fuel for home, thanks to the California power outages. But I run the duel fuel gens on LPG only and the gas'er with Stabil Additive. The Champion brand has been reliable - I just start them about every 4-6 weeks.

Added:
    - The inverter generators are pretty quiet especially in ECO Mode.
    - The 9000 watt non-inverter generator, not so quiet.

I will try to take dB measurements next time I start them up.
    Last edited by Grand Rocky; 02-12-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: sound levels
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the micro air easy start and a champion 3500 watt inverter generator with remote start. If I had it to do all over again, I would strongly consider investing in two of the 2000 watt inverter generators as opposed to the one 3500 watt. The 3500 watt is a bit heavy to move around and weighs in at about 94 pounds. I'm not getting any younger. I am happy with the champion quality as we have used it for the RV as well as keeping parts of the house running after a tornado turned out the lights for about 4 days.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on the use of two 2000watt generators. I did not find any that were duel fuel because I wanted to run off my onboard LPG. Yes, the 3400 Champion duel fuel inverter is around 100 pounds, no gas. Very heavy when lifting onto the tailgate!!

Do you know of a brand that is around 2000 watt and duel fuel, because I would upgrade?
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also agree with the Micro Air Easy Start. I've used my Honda 2000 on a 15k and other loads with no problem. Also use dual fuel and mostly propane. Hutch Mountain set me up well.
    2020 311bhs
    2008 Chevy 3500HD DRW
    US Navy Submarines
    Diver

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post
    I agree on the use of two 2000watt generators. I did not find any that were duel fuel because I wanted to run off my onboard LPG. Yes, the 3400 Champion duel fuel inverter is around 100 pounds, no gas. Very heavy when lifting onto the tailgate!!

Do you know of a brand that is around 2000 watt and duel fuel, because I would upgrade?
    Check out these guys. I've found conversion kits for older generators. It's an E-bay site, but you might be able to contact them direct.

https://www.ebay.com/str/propanekits

If you do locate one, please post.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Grand Rocky
    https://www.championpowerequipment.c...ter-generator/

HTH,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast