2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question!
    I have the champion 3100 gas with wireless remote start and boy do I love that remote. We mostly dry camp and it's great to be able to start the coffee without getting out of bed or just hitting a button from inside when it's time to shut it down. Mine is about 3 years old and I'm curious as to why this feature hasn't become more available. Champion is one of the very few available with this and I'm not aware of any in the 2000 watt class, although I suppose weight could be a factor.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 predator 3500 and a parallel kit (learned about the hard start capacitor for a/c’s a little late). Predators from Harbor Freight have been great, did buy the 2 year no questions warranty just in case. Very quiet, easy to start (not remote), eco throttle and nice size tank/good fuel sippage. Usually just carry and use only one (swap them out to keep hours comparable) but on boondock summer trips will use both. They weigh 90 lbs each but are solo liftable.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    Question!
    I have the champion 3100 gas with wireless remote start and boy do I love that remote. We mostly dry camp and it's great to be able to start the coffee without getting out of bed or just hitting a button from inside when it's time to shut it down. Mine is about 3 years old and I'm curious as to why this feature hasn't become more available. Champion is one of the very few available with this and I'm not aware of any in the 2000 watt class, although I suppose weight could be a factor.
    I also searched and searched for a 2000W-2500W model with remote start and couldn't find one. My thinking is the same, a very desirable option.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gensets

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I currently have the Cabelas 3800/4750w generator with remote start. I love that it handles everything on the trailer and starts up without me even leaving the trailer. I dont like how big and bulky and load it is. Takes 2 of us to move it anywhere.
    So I have been looking at those little 2000w ones from honda, yamaha, etc... While significantly more expensive, they are much smaller and quieter. What I want to know is will they run the AC unit on my trailer? Not sure what Watts my AC draws when starting. Anybody else using them?
    I saw a nice setup with Champion on Supergen but they are available other places. Two Champion 2000W Inverters that are stackable. Item was 73556 Bundle for appx $1000. I like the idea that they are light as I too would not be able to lift the bigger ones. I have not yet bought am Looking at it.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I currently have the Cabelas 3800/4750w generator with remote start. I love that it handles everything on the trailer and starts up without me even leaving the trailer. I dont like how big and bulky and load it is. Takes 2 of us to move it anywhere.
    So I have been looking at those little 2000w ones from honda, yamaha, etc... While significantly more expensive, they are much smaller and quieter. What I want to know is will they run the AC unit on my trailer? Not sure what Watts my AC draws when starting. Anybody else using them?
    I recently bought 2 Honda 2200w inverter generators and when paired they easily run 1 of my 15K a/c units. I did not try running both but running 1 and the converter and lights was no problem. I have the onboard Onan 5500w but got these as backup and to use for other things. They are very quiet and easily lifted by one person. Yes they are not cheap!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may or may not know, you can pair Honda inverter generators of different sizes, Easily. I have a EU2000i and a EU3000i pared together, they run both AC units on my 311BHS.
    The 3000i has a 30 amp plug that I plug the cord in from the RV. Then I made a adapter, all it is is a cord with a 15 amp male plug on both ends. Plug in the adapter, into both generators 15 amp plug, start the 3000i first, then start the 2000i. Pairs perfectly. There are you tube vids on this.....
    Just be careful, don't touch the prongs on the adapter when plugged in one only of the generators!!! It can kill you...

https://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=65291
    Last edited by phonemannn; 02-13-2020 at 09:52 AM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how many amps you get with the 3000 & 2000 paired. My two 2200 each put out 18 amps, one has a 30 amp plug. I like them because they are easy to move and fuel efficient. Plus I feel Honda generators have some of the best electrics inside.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A thought...I have 2 Honda 2000 generators tethered. If I start my regular ac with them and after it's started and running could I start a second ac with the easy start system?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR9 View Post
    Not sure how many amps you get with the 3000 & 2000 paired. My two 2200 each put out 18 amps, one has a 30 amp plug. I like them because they are easy to move and fuel efficient. Plus I feel Honda generators have some of the best electrics inside.
    You would get 30 Amp, out of 30 Amp plug on 3000 Watt generator.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast