User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    You would get 30 Amp, out of 30 Amp plug on 3000 Watt generator.
    On previous question just wondered if one easy start would work if you used both honda 2000 generators together to make the 30 amp output and start a regular ac unit then after it had settled in start the second ac with easy start.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mungbung View Post
    On previous question just wondered if one easy start would work if you used both honda 2000 generators together to make the 30 amp output and start a regular ac unit then after it had settled in start the second ac with easy start.
    With a EU2000i companion, 30 amps are there on the 30 amp plug. But you do not need a Companion type generator to pair them. Other wise, just the 16.7 Amps. But as long as the voltage stays up, 16.7 amps should run AC's with EZ start....IMO.
    Last edited by phonemannn; 02-15-2020 at 11:38 AM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the Cabelas 3800 but traded for the Predator from Harbor Freight because of the noise and the weight. The Predator is much quieter. So far I love it. It doesn’t have the remote start which was a handy. I’m thinking of adding an after market remote start for the HF unit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Than onan p2500 is looking really tempting. Can be run in parrellel, 46lbs, 58 decibles and 1/2 the cost of the honda. Might even get away with AC on one with that soft start thing... just wish they had remote start.
    I was just looking & it says the db STARTS at 58, where the Honda that is the max.....

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently have the Cabelas 3800/4750w generator with remote start. I love that it handles everything on the trailer and starts up without me even leaving the trailer. I dont like how big and bulky and load it is. Takes 2 of us to move it anywhere.
    So I have been looking at those little 2000w ones from honda, yamaha, etc... While significantly more expensive, they are much smaller and quieter. What I want to know is will they run the AC unit on my trailer? Not sure what Watts my AC draws when starting. Anybody else using them?
    3500 watts minimum is where you need to be
    2013 Chevy 2500 Silverado Diesel
    2020 3000QB
    Glen,Barbara and
    Dottie O'Doran the Wonder Dog

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently have the Cabelas 3800/4750w generator with remote start. I love that it handles everything on the trailer and starts up without me even leaving the trailer. I don't like how big and bulky and load it is. Takes 2 of us to move it anywhere.
    So I have been looking at those little 2000w ones from honda, yamaha, etc... While significantly more expensive, they are much smaller and quieter. What I want to know is will they run the AC unit on my trailer? Not sure what Watts my AC draws when starting. Anybody else using them?
    I had 2 Honda 2000 Wand when hooked up parallel they run the ac. I sold the rig. In my new rig I installed the Micro-Aire Easy Start [https://www.microair.net/collections...t=30176048267] on both air conditioners (allow s me to run both air conditioners when I have 30 amp hook-up, thereby saving on the 50 amp upcharge that parks do) Additionally, I can run one air conditioner at a time when using a Westinghouse i2500 generator. It's normal output is 2200 watts and the 15,000 airconditioner only draws about 1500 watts with the easy start.
    Dale & Penny Kennedy
    Central California

2016 Grand Design Solitude 321 RL #5754
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax/Allison
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mungbung View Post
    IMO I would go with 2 MicroAir units. The compressors cycle and the problem is the start current, very high amperage spike, I believe a 15k ac is around 40 to 45 amps. I have run a 15k and 13k at the same time with a 30 amp breaker on home power but generators respond differently to inductive loads. Again IMO I think this is where spending the extra money for Honda's would pay off. If I had it to do over I would buy the Honda's, you get what you pay for when it comes to gen's, performance and reliability cost money.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345