Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue OX hitch vs Eaz-Lift Elite

I see OX is a favorite on this forum however Eaz lift has a ton of excellent reviews on Amazon. My wife and I have had 3 5vers but we wood like to go to a one floor unit as we are getting older. We are looking at Imagine 2600RB TT. Had a TT some years ago and Anderson new design chain w/d hitch. Hitch was a terrible experience pulling a TT GVW of about 8k 30 ft long. My TV is a Silverado HD. Payload over 3K. 6.0 Gasser 2WD 4.10 axle. Has anyone tried them both(OX, Eaz-Lift) or have used the Eaz-Lift?
    Thanks in advance.
    Steve

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used both. Had an EQ a few years back before going to a 5er. Now back in a TT and decided to give the BO a try.
    EQ pro's
    Easier to hitch
    Cons
    Need to adjust hitch head angle
    Noisy, but can be remedied
    L brackets can slip. Tack welds work
    Greasy

BO
    Pro's
    quiet.
    Very little grease
    No need for angle adjustment. Comes preset.
    Cons
    Unhitching can be nasty depending on how much tensions on the chains

I've purchased a set of StrapTek to replace the chain things. Have not used them yet but from watching videos they should make unhitching a non event.
    Overall I'm pretty happy with the BO. However cost wise I think the EQ is a better deal if you find the unhitching part not to your liking and need to purchase the StrapTek
    Others with the BO may have a different opinion on the unhitching event. And yes I raise the rear of the truck up before hitching and unhitching.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all about the sway control.

The Eaz Lift is a reactive sway control. It only does something when the trailer is already swaying.

Straitline and Blue Ox are proactive. Both are always working to keep sway away.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a fifth wheel air hitch (set up for the turning point wedge) from "Hensley". They sell anti-sway set ups for travel trailers, I heard they work well, but I have no experience with their set up. Also e-trailer sells a shock absorb-er kit for TT that does work well. This doesn't answer your questions, but gives you more to think (research) about!
    Retiring Soon...
    2019 295RL
    2019 Ram 3500 Crew SRW 6.7L