User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PDI Thursday couple questions ...

We pick up new 2020 S Class 2930 RL Thursday .... have done 2 of these so I know what to expect and Hope for the Best .... ?? Wheel Torque Ft lbs 7 k axles 100-120? ... G rated max on sidewall will be 110 ... I have no weights yet I have read on here 95-110 I will check and see what dealer has them at maybe drive home at 100 ?? I have told the prep man in charge of PDI my expectations he said yep that's what we do .... have not even been to dealership ... unit is new 2020 and my buy order clearly states delivery upon my inspection they seem upfront but my attitude is show me .... last PDI took 3 hours ... everything up and running... open/close look in touch feel push pull handles draws blinds latches ... flashlight for dark corners screw driver and step stool for high places paper towel for wet spots.... this PDI will be a good indication of the dealership and what to expect from them ... thanks for the help ... later Frank please add/share any more ideas or experiences
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frank, clearly and old-hand so I'm not going into fundamentals but instead adding some specifics. Fill ALL tanks to capacity and check for watertightness. This way you're making sure no leaks at fittings. Have them open the basement access so you can check the hidden wet works for any issues. Check all sinks for tight drain connections. Check below slides while going in and out for clearance of the hoses and wires and their adequate support. Check every 120V outlet is properly wired with a tester. Check to make sure the dealer wasn't lazy and actually installed the seal on the battery box lids. Confirm axle labels are on them. Wheel lugnuts at 120 lb-ft is the standard for 1/2" and inflation at trailer sticker, which seems to max cold inflation for GD. Get on your hands and knees and use a flashlight to check for debris left under the flooring, and as long as small have them document in writing and pledge to repair down the road if an issue since Congoleum requires a clear substrate installation as a condition for warranty. Get up on roof and check obvious conditions and sealing, but pay attention to sealing at gutters and front cap. Check TVs and channel tuning. Check clearances of slide boxes and seals at all sides and make sure alignment is smooth gliding. Make sure everything works on and off shore power for a period of time, not moments.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Frank, clearly and old-hand so I'm not going into fundamentals but instead adding some specifics. Fill ALL tanks to capacity and check for watertightness. This way you're making sure no leaks at fittings. Have them open the basement access so you can check the hidden wet works for any issues. Check all sinks for tight drain connections. Check below slides while going in and out for clearance of the hoses and wires and their adequate support. Check every 120V outlet is properly wired with a tester. Check to make sure the dealer wasn't lazy and actually installed the seal on the battery box lids. Confirm axle labels are on them. Wheel lugnuts at 120 lb-ft is the standard for 1/2" and inflation at trailer sticker, which seems to max cold inflation for GD. Get on your hands and knees and use a flashlight to check for debris left under the flooring, and as long as small have them document in writing and pledge to repair down the road if an issue since Congoleum requires a clear substrate installation as a condition for warranty. Get up on roof and check obvious conditions and sealing, but pay attention to sealing at gutters and front cap. Check TVs and channel tuning. Check clearances of slide boxes and seals at all sides and make sure alignment is smooth gliding. Make sure everything works on and off shore power for a period of time, not moments.
    Frank, adding to Rob's list: While you are underneath with the flashlight check all self tapping screws especially those holding the gas line in place. If you see grease gobbed on the shackle wet bolts, equalizers and axle bearings request they be greased as the grease may not have made it inside where it needs to be. While you are checking lug nut torque, check a few of the wet bolts (40-50 ft/lb) and suspension bolts holding to the frame. I should have been as diligent as you, I gave too much credit and missed much.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 02-03-2020 at 07:47 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you have a creeper take and roll around under with a flashlight.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I should have been as diligent as you, I gave too much credit and missed much.
    I missed a lot too. As soon as I got it home, I removed the basement partition and found the rot starting from a two year old factory leak. Four hours after I pulled out of the lot, my salesman would take my calls.

You can't check too many things and don't trust anyone.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    If you have a creeper take and roll around under with a flashlight.
    I did that with mine - after I got it home . Didn't see anything I thought was wrong or a problem, but I did see how everything is oriented under there. I also took the time to look at the wet bolts and stuff as Wicked ace suggests above. No gobs of grease, but then they could have just wiped it off. I never gave that a thought till today. I'll have to monitor it when I grease everything this spring.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the help much appreciated .... nobody catches it all and something always pops up just have to hope it is minor ... will be sure to ask about basement access .... I will call the prep rep at dealer Wed am and give him a few things to save time mainly psi and lug torque I will still verify them but it gives them a chance to show they are listening ... slides in and out couple times same with awnings ... salesman bragged a little about there orientation and prep yea $995 but the no haggle price was so good I said lets do it 38% Off MSRP ... Thursday will tell .... clearly the $995 is profit .... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timely post as my PDI is Saturday and it's my first TT.

Excuse my newbie ignorance but what are wet bolts?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    Timely post as my PDI is Saturday and it's my first TT.

Excuse my newbie ignorance but what are wet bolts?
    It's fairly recent development but a good one. The shackle bolts holding the spring shackles onto the frame are drilled and tapped to allow grease to lube the contact points inside. It slows wear and helps prevent shackle binding giving better functioning suspension. Here is a link to Morryde's kit so you can see better. 1 picture = 1000 words.
    https://www.morryde.com/uploads/down...0for%20LRE.pdf
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    It's fairly recent development but a good one. The shackle bolts holding the spring shackles onto the frame are drilled and tapped to allow grease to lube the contact points inside. It slows wear and helps prevent shackle binding giving better functioning suspension. Here is a link to Morryde's kit so you can see better. 1 picture = 1000 words.
    https://www.morryde.com/uploads/down...0for%20LRE.pdf
    Thank you Wicked ace!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast