User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will fit, but if yours is like mine was, the power lead to the mount at the rear of the trailer was on all the time, so I re-wired mine to pull power from the closest running light. So now, when I turn the headlights on it powers the camera. Not an issue for me/us as we always run with our lights on when the trailer is attached.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just be sure to buy the Furrion Vision S 5" screen because the side camera add-ons don't work with the 4.3" screen, learned the hard way!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think that mine is wired for side cameras?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not 100% sure but I think they have them where it replaces your side marker lamps with a marker/camera combo and uses power from those lighting circuit, but again, not 100% sure.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    The thing with the Furrion is that it's an "observation" camera......it's on while I'm running down the road......so I can see when someone comes up from behind, can see when I've safely made it around that 18 wheeler etc......a back up camera ONLY comes on when in reverse
    This is incorrect.

Furrion no longer makes the Observation and Backup camera models. When they did, the difference between them was that the higher-priced Observation had a stronger and more reliable connection to the monitor than did the Backup. There was NO difference in the way they turned on / off.

These cameras, and the current models that replaced them, come on when electrical power is applied to them. They do NOT know and never did know when their operator is reversing the trailer. Not unless the owner undertakes the task of adding additional wiring from the truck’s reverse light circuit back to the camera’s location on the back of the trailer. I don’t believe that many people, if any, have done this so their camera will NOT operate only when in reverse.

The current model of Furrion camera is an improved version of the old Observation model with good strong communications between camera and monitor on even the longest GD trailers. Note that the camera is NOT CALLED “Observation”... that model no longer exists. The camera comes on when power is applied to it. Sometimes, not always, GD feeds power to the camera from the marker light circuit on the trailer which is to many owners the best situation. Turn on the truck’s lights and the camera gets power and turns on... ideal for me and many others. However often the factory does NOT wire the camera’s power this way - they’re kinda haphazard about it - and many including me re-wire the installation to get camera power from the marker lights.

The misleading information you posted about these cameras is resilient and continues to appear here well over a year after the new Furrion products were released. Please update your knowledge by reviewing the current product lineup on the Furrion web site. Thanks.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Furrion Observation camera wired to our running lights. Very happy and have never lost signal.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    This is incorrect.

Furrion no longer makes the Observation and Backup camera models. When they did, the difference between them was that the higher-priced Observation had a stronger and more reliable connection to the monitor than did the Backup. There was NO difference in the way they turned on / off.

These cameras, and the current models that replaced them, come on when electrical power is applied to them. They do NOT know and never did know when their operator is reversing the trailer. Not unless the owner undertakes the task of adding additional wiring from the truck’s reverse light circuit back to the camera’s location on the back of the trailer. I don’t believe that many people, if any, have done this so their camera will NOT operate only when in reverse.

The current model of Furrion camera is an improved version of the old Observation model with good strong communications between camera and monitor on even the longest GD trailers. Note that the camera is NOT CALLED “Observation”... that model no longer exists. The camera comes on when power is applied to it. Sometimes, not always, GD feeds power to the camera from the marker light circuit on the trailer which is to many owners the best situation. Turn on the truck’s lights and the camera gets power and turns on... ideal for me and many others. However often the factory does NOT wire the camera’s power this way - they’re kinda haphazard about it - and many including me re-wire the installation to get camera power from the marker lights.

The misleading information you posted about these cameras is resilient and continues to appear here well over a year after the new Furrion products were released. Please update your knowledge by reviewing the current product lineup on the Furrion web site. Thanks.
    Seriously.....exactly what did I state that was wrong......mine is an observation camera, no matter what the label says......I never stated Furrion is/was a backup camera......I clearly know that as I have one....there are SOME cameras on the market that advertise themselves as back-up cameras, and that was the only distinction I was making, and that a true backup camera is only on when in reverse, as it's wired through the back-up lights on the TV.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because Furrion is no longer making the backup camera and observation camera (those are the words on the packaging) does not mean those (older models) are not out there on dealer shelves still for sale. They probably will be for several years to come. So discussing them here isn’t exactly an obsolete endeavor. It’s not like Furrion went out and collected up all the older models to throw them on the trash heap. Some of us live quite nicely without having to grab up the latest greatest (most expensive gizmo).
    As for the actual “backup” camera, the TV’s reverse gear has no bearing on operation. Originally wired to be on constantly, Bruce rewired it to the rear top marker lights. The camera turns on when the truck lights are on, regardless of gear.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Just because Furrion is no longer making the backup camera and observation camera (those are the words on the packaging) does not mean those (older models) are not out there on dealer shelves still for sale. They probably will be for several years to come. So discussing them here isn’t exactly an obsolete endeavor. It’s not like Furrion went out and collected up all the older models to throw them on the trash heap. Some of us live quite nicely without having to grab up the latest greatest (most expensive gizmo). As for the actual “backup” camera, the TV’s reverse gear has no bearing on operation. Originally wired to be on constantly, Bruce rewired it to the rear top marker lights. The camera turns on when the truck lights are on, regardless of gear. N
    As one of those who DOES like to know about, and sometimes own, the “latest greatest” gizmo I can frequently be found lurking in the electronics sections of RV accessory dealers. I haven’t seen the Furrion Observation or Backup cameras (the old models) for sale anywhere for quite a while in the eastern half of the U.S. and Canada. The first page of results of a Google search for “Furrion Backup” does not produce even one link to anyone selling one. It’s *extremely* unlikely that many people will be finding new copies of these old models on the shelf for “several years”, or even several months.

Discussing them now - especially when re-delivering popular misconceptions about them - IMO serves best to mislead the majority of people coming to read threads about them: the people who are considering buying a camera system. Some facts and all misconceptions about them do not apply to the widely-available current Furrion Vision S products that have replaced the old Observation and Backup models.

As for the Backup camera, I was pretty clear in my previous post that the way it was wired determined when it came on. Of COURSE if it’s wired to be on full-time then it works when the vehicle is backing up!! Duh. Most people seem to prefer to NOT have the camera on all the time. To have it come on ONLY when backing up WOULD require new connections to the tow vehicle. The old-model Furrion Backup camera worked this way; they all do. The old Backup was infamous for not having a strong-enough signal to reliably feed the monitor in all circumstances, especially on longer trailers, and that is what made it different from the old-model Observation camera. The current Furrion Vision S camera system has generated - AFAIK - very few complaints about that.

This is the information that I believe is most important to current and future readers about these cameras. You have a different opinion.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furrion Observation that I had on an Imagine 17mke, then transferred when I upgraded to an Imagine 2250RL. It works great. My only regret is that I got the 4.3 in monitor...wish I would have gotten the 7" monitor so I can see it better. But it has worked great for me...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast