User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a Furrion camera system in May 2019 and it works really well. When we used the pre-installed mount on the back of our 2970rl, it was a snap to install it. We use it anytime we are backing up or on the road when we feel the need. We bought the 7 inch monitor. It's B-I-G and clear as a bell, but it was not cheap!

The power on the 2970rl's connector for the rear camera is turned on when the running lights are on, so at night the camera is always on. On our truck, if you are running down the road in the middle of the day and you want to look out the back to see who's coming up or who you passed, just leave the running lights on. Having lights on are a good safety feature anyway. And if you find you don't want to keep looking at the monitor, just unplug the monitor, day or night.

We also purchased the side view cameras which replace the existing side lights. They also work well but they are not nearly as useful as the rear camera, and are harder to install because we had to splice into the existing wiring.

We used this system for about 8,000 miles of trailering in 2019 from south Florida all the way to Newfoundland and other places, and had no issues. We used a 20% off store coupon for the whole system, so it made the cost more reasonable. Overall we are extremely glad we bought the system, and we highly recommend it.

JerseyHiker

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone had issues with the wiring while installing the Furrion side view cameras. Using the front running lights on my 311 BHS, closest to the front cap, I Installed the left side no problem. Right side, grand design strapped the wire so tight you can hardly pull the lens from the fiberglass. There is no give, I can’t see where it is secured inside and there’s not even enough give to strip the wire to extend the lead. Any thoughts? Just bought the trailer and I know this has been said before but not at all impressed with the build quality so far.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Forceps and soldering iron

Quote Originally Posted by dougpb80 View Post
    Has anyone had issues with the wiring while installing the Furrion side view cameras. Using the front running lights on my 311 BHS, closest to the front cap, I Installed the left side no problem. Right side, grand design strapped the wire so tight you can hardly pull the lens from the fiberglass. There is no give, I can’t see where it is secured inside and there’s not even enough give to strip the wire to extend the lead. Any thoughts? Just bought the trailer and I know this has been said before but not at all impressed with the build quality so far.
    I had the same problem. I think the wiring is done before the front cap is glued on. I found enough wire to solder to. I would never get a crimp tool in there. Good luck!
    Sue & Bill
    Lansing, NY
    2017 Silverado 2500 Duramax High Country
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by g2driver2 View Post
    I had the same problem. I think the wiring is done before the front cap is glued on. I found enough wire to solder to. I would never get a crimp tool in there. Good luck!
    Thanks for the response. Ya mine is way to tight to even to solder. I can’t even get in there to strip the wire. So frustrating and there’s no way to access the inside. Awful craftsmanship to not leave extra wire in case someone needs to make repairs.
    Doug & Jenny, from Southeast Michigan.
    2020.5 Reflection 311 BHS
    2022 GMC Sierra AT4 3500 SRW, CC, Duramax
    Reese Goose Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious if you have not had a chance to use this LeeKooLuu system and if so does it work well. We are looking at purchasing the same but would love to know if it works great for you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which system is the best for a 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK?
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    I recommend the Haloview camera system. It has a good range for long vehicle, the price is much cheaper than Furrion, the image is very sharp and clear, it also has a strong and stable signal, no picture drop out. You can see many good reviews on Youtube.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    As it is a 32 ft long trailer, it gets wireless signal issue for most RV camera brands according to my experience. I have been looking for RV cameras with strong signal and nice picture quality as well for years.

Furrion camera, both the signal and picture not good. It would be okay if you just use it for backingup.
    Voyager camera, the picture quality sucks and bad wireless signal strength as I know.
    Haoview camera, the best picture quality and good wireless signal strength over the RV camera market. I'm happy to see they have tried efforts and got new arrival RD series to solve signal issue for long trailers. I would recommend you to try RD7 or RD7 mini for your 2020 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK, really nice picture quality and strong signal even on the free way. And they got Furrion pre-wired brackets which would make it easier for you to mount. Haloview side marker light camera also looks pretty good, the angle is adjustable and much easier to install than Furrion. The Price is nearly half of Furrion but higher performance for sure.

Found a Youtuber made video for Haloview RD7, here is the link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVzO9wl-UwU&t=388s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smrM5rI14sI&t=85s

Hope my above info will help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougpb80 View Post
    Thanks for the response. Ya mine is way to tight to even to solder. I can’t even get in there to strip the wire. So frustrating and there’s no way to access the inside. Awful craftsmanship to not leave extra wire in case someone needs to make repairs.
    The angle of Furrion side view camera is not adjustable and the installation is quite troublesome. Recommend Haloview side marker light camera Ca112 instead of Furrion side view cam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskoka View Post
    The Fusion is expensive. Has anyone installed other Observation Cameras to their Imagine trailer. I just bought the 22RBE

Thanks
    Recommend Haloview observation camera

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast