User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent $400 on a Tati Bros. A POS that worked 1 season.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Furrion camera with the 7" monitor installed for $495.00. To me, that is reasonable for the peace of mind that it offers me when backing up and lane changing while on the highway.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2020 310GK-R and a 2020 3500 Silverado. Just installed the Furrion 7" Monitor S System Sharkfin (Rear view only). Some notes:
    1. Expensive for sure, but I went for it. I love the 7" size. Can't see using a smaller screen, but is just me. I love seeing behind me 100% of the time AND having my full Console Screen on my truck at same time. Also camera and monitor ave speaker/microphone integrated.
    2. I can add side cameras and door camera later with the new S System (If I wish). My truck came with super surround cameras, so I doubt I'll buy these.
    3. RV came with full camera housing, and a single pre wire female plug.
    4. First synch camera with monitor (done in front seat of truck). Easy step. Synch button on bottom of camera. Push hard! feel the "click"and only hold for 2-3 seconds, ease off.
    5. Install camera (remove 4 tiny screws, remove small plate, hook camera (male plug into female plug) from RV, flip antenna up, secure camera in housing, put 4 tiny screws back in place) Easy step.
    6. Plug 7 pin into truck. Start truck.
    7. See camera come on. If your camera is set at max "up" setting", the green line is 30 ft. from the back of the RV. Yellow line is about 12 feet. At least mine is.
    8. For my GM truck, you'll need to turn your truck lights to "ON" not just Auto due to power width modulation coming from the truck. You can buy a $69.00 "7 pin adapter cable" F2BC001XXBK from Furrion if you want to use Auto for your lights. I'm just using "ON" not Auto now.

Hope this helps. Benny
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 7in monitor, rear and both sides. Love them, but they also double time as a security system at night. How so you ask? Buy yourself a cigarette to ac power adapter for the monitor and loop the parking lights to on. I use an adapter which allows me to power them off also. Can the off brand do that?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    The thing with the Furrion is that it's an "observation" camera......it's on while I'm running down the road......so I can see when someone comes up from behind, can see when I've safely made it around that 18 wheeler etc......a back up camera ONLY comes on when in reverse.

I like the ability to see behind me at all times.
    We have the three-camera Furrion system with the 7" screen on our Reflection 337RLS (36' length) and like it. Crisp, clear picture. No flicker. Good night vision.

I'm still learning how best to use it. The 7" screen is too big to mount on the windshield. It's down in the center console right now until I find a better solution in a Chevy truck. In response to @Calnca, as long as my running lights are on I touch the screen and it comes on showing the last camera view selected. It times out in ten seconds or so but touch it again and it comes back. That may be a programmable setting. I'm not with the unit right now.

I have not found an adjustment to the side cameras. They have a wide (60+ degree) view which doesn't show the side of the trailer making it difficult to judge any kind of alignment. I would like to see a small piece of my camper in the wide view of the campsite.

There is a learning curve using this system which I'm working on. I'd still prefer to open the window or turn on the walkie-talkie to hear from my spotter.

I'd love to hear any tips or tricks using this system. I'll post as I learn. Happy camping!
    Sue & Bill
    Lansing, NY
    2017 Silverado 2500 Duramax High Country
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhop56 View Post
    I have 2020 310GK-R and a 2020 3500 Silverado. Just installed the Furrion 7" Monitor S System Sharkfin (Rear view only). Some notes:
    1. Expensive for sure, but I went for it. I love the 7" size. Can't see using a smaller screen, but is just me. I love seeing behind me 100% of the time AND having my full Console Screen on my truck at same time. Also camera and monitor ave speaker/microphone integrated.
    2. I can add side cameras and door camera later with the new S System (If I wish). My truck came with super surround cameras, so I doubt I'll buy these.
    3. RV came with full camera housing, and a single pre wire female plug.
    4. First synch camera with monitor (done in front seat of truck). Easy step. Synch button on bottom of camera. Push hard! feel the "click"and only hold for 2-3 seconds, ease off.
    5. Install camera (remove 4 tiny screws, remove small plate, hook camera (male plug into female plug) from RV, flip antenna up, secure camera in housing, put 4 tiny screws back in place) Easy step.
    6. Plug 7 pin into truck. Start truck.
    7. See camera come on. If your camera is set at max "up" setting", the green line is 30 ft. from the back of the RV. Yellow line is about 12 feet. At least mine is.
    8. For my GM truck, you'll need to turn your truck lights to "ON" not just Auto due to power width modulation coming from the truck. You can buy a $69.00 "7 pin adapter cable" F2BC001XXBK from Furrion if you want to use Auto for your lights. I'm just using "ON" not Auto now.

Hope this helps. Benny
    Hi Benny, I purchased a 2020 GMC Denali with the Infotainment & 15 camera system. Gigi & I have a GD Solitude 3740RBH pre-wired for a rear camera. Did your truck come with the Infotainment & 'transparent' trailer camera option? If so, did you consider the GM "recommended" EchoMaster camera system or did you buy the Furrion system so you could keep your vehicle’s Infotainment system available for navigation, etc? I have been wrestling on which camera system would be best for us. Also, does the 7" screen interfere or distract your vision while driving? Thanks, Johnny (Papa John)
    Papa John & Gigi
    2019 GD Solitude 3740RBH
    2020 GMC Denali 2500HD SRW Crew Cab STD Bed with Factory Puck Sys
    B&W Campion 5th Wheel Hitch, BWRVK3710 Fixed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our Furrion Observation camera and I have no experience with others. I actually got the Dealer to throw it in on original purchase of our previous RV when I couldn't negotiate them down further on price. Then when we purchased our 2500RL, I removed it from the old RV and installed the camera on the new, and it has worked like a champ the whole time! Not only driving and backing in to sites, but also very handy when backing in to our enclosed storage upon return from camping! Love it!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought this Observation camera system with 150 degree angle of vision. Good to 70 mph. All these cameras and screens are Asian made. This one is guaranteed. Comes with a test button and I tested it and it has a nice picture on a 7” screen. It comes with the bracket for the GD pre wired Furrion camera and they also supply the pigtail to make it plug and play for the pre wired Furrion. For the money it does the trick. I have the 22RBE with a 2019 Ford Super Crew short box. They will send you a longer antenna no charge if your unit is so long the reception is not perfect. For $137 it’s hard to beat:

1 of: LeeKooLuu HD Digital Wireless Backup Camera 7''Monitor Highway Observation
    System for RVs,Travel Trailers,Trucks,Motorhome Mirror/Facing Image Flip Newest
    IP69K Waterproof Camera Super Night Vision
    Price
    $137.99

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone use the Halo ones?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnny, your questions are excellent ones. I have the High Country package with the Infotainment System etc. I elected to go with the Furrion S System mainly due to the ease of install, a separate 7" screen (yes I want my infotainment screen viewable and usable at all times), the option to readily add side cameras and a door camera if I wish (S system allows this) the potential to use as a night time security system (as mjkatona mentioned above). Good question on placement for viewing while driving. I hate anything on a dash or suction cup on the windshield. I like full viewing just my quirk). I have the 7" monitor mounted to the optional L shape mount bracket and it sits in my console area below where the wireless cell phone charger and small store area is. This all my personal outcome. I'm not saying Furrion is the best and I'm doing it all the best way, just as it turned out for me. I had a short time between buying an RV, buying a new truck and hitting the road. Good idea to review that GM referral on the EchoMaster and see if that floats your boat.
    Your GM truck will most likely need to run on regular manual lights vs. Auto unless you buy that Furrion adapter I mentioned. Try it and see. Take care my friend and safe travels. Benny
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast