Thread: Seats Peeling

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seats Peeling

Hello Forum people,

I have a 2015 Solitude 368RD. Has anyone experienced a problem with their theater seats peeling? This year we noticed the simulated leather started to peel on three of the five theater seats.

Also, anyone know how to access a parts catalog for a Solitude?

Thanks for your help.
    Chuck

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chucknoel View Post
    Hello Forum people,

I have a 2015 Solitude 368RD. Has anyone experienced a problem with their theater seats peeling? This year we noticed the simulated leather started to peel on three of the five theater seats.

Also, anyone know how to access a parts catalog for a Solitude?

Thanks for your help.
    Chuck
    Chuck - there have been a number of posts over the years regarding the bonded leather peeling. You can certainly read these posts by conducting a search if you so desire. LCI (Lippert) has worked with some folks to offer discounts on replacement furniture when post warranty. Suggest calling them and see what they may or may not do for you at this late stage. Here is the link to their site: https://www.lci1.com/rv/

Other folks have replaced with other furniture either RV or residential grade. Some folks have tried to repair and this seems to not be effective.

Here is the parts lookup page on the GDRV site: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got some choices. If you're lucky, Lippert will give you 50% off on another set of their seating. Even 50% of MSRP is not cheap enough for me since the same peeling could/would be expected again.

Then you could order replacement furniture that looks the same as OEM at RecCon.com. They often have some sales. Replacements for my SuperSofa runs about $2,000. You could also have FlexSteel order some RV furniture, but it's priced high too.

The big problem is that RV furniture must be physically small so it can go thru the small doors and down hallways. House furniture often will not fit in RV's. It also needs to be relatively lightweight.

I am planning eventually to custom order LazyBoy furniture to fit in my Reflection. The backs of their furniture lifts off, so I assume it will fit through the doorways of my fifth wheel. LazyBoy is relatively expensive for the quality of the furniture it is--and it's not top of the line stuff. But it should be good enough for our RV used sparingly.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dan, I really appreciate your help. Can I ask another question? We were out a couple of weeks ago and the temperature in the morning was brisk. We used our Greystone fireplace to get the chill out. After a couple of minutes I smelt something burning. I shut the fireplace down. This morning I took the fireplace out and didn't see any hot spots on the wire. But I did notice a hot spot on the controller board. Ever seen anything like that? I was thinking about a trip to Camping World to investigate a new one.

Thanks again for the help.
    Chuck

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chuck - I have personally not seen that happen and we have the same fireplace as you have I suspect. However, there have been a few reports over the years of burnt smell with the fireplace. As I recall from the few posts regarding this you may be right. There is not much to these so a good inspecton of the wires, other electrical parts with the FP.......as well as ensuring it is clean are appropriate.

Hopefully someone who has experienced burnt smells with the Greystone will chime in. You may also want to search on key words like fireplace, greystone, burning, smell, etc. words and see what comes up. If you need help, let me know and I will see what I can find for you.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Greystone fireplace for 5 years now. We replaced the board and something else a couple of years ago but don't remember what now. both were cheap and very easy to replace. Call Greystone they were very friendly told me just what to do and how to do it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Marcy & Gary,

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to contact Greystone without any luck. May I ask who you called to get help??

Thanks
    Chuck

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chucknoel View Post
    Hi Marcy & Gary,

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to contact Greystone without any luck. May I ask who you called to get help??

Thanks
    Chuck
    I believe it may have been Way interglobal network in Elkhart IND. Support # 574-970-7108 or another # 574 9714490. These are what we came up with on line. It's been 2 or 3 years and not really sure how we came up with the # now.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/