User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great I would love to know what the product is as it looks different from the RV-Armor that I've seen. Thanks for the info and pics. Your insurance company paid for it???? You re living right my friend! If you dont mind me asking which company do you have?
    Tim and Melissa
    2020 311BHS
    2015 Ram Mega Dually Long Horn
    6.7 Cumm

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timgunther View Post
    That's great I would love to know what the product is as it looks different from the RV-Armor that I've seen. Thanks for the info and pics. Your insurance company paid for it???? You re living right my friend! If you dont mind me asking which company do you have?
    I’ve never seen RV Armor in person, so don’t have anything to compare to. My insurance did cover the roof as the damage to my original was caused by a tree limb tearing a number of small holes in the roof. My RV policy is with my autos at Geico. They were absolutely incredible to work with for the entire claim process. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for insurance.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timgunther View Post
    That's great I would love to know what the product is as it looks different from the RV-Armor that I've seen.
    I just watched a video on the RV Armor website.The video shows the RV Armor material being rolled on top of the original roof. This is a completely different material and process. Mine is sprayed on like a bedliner and is quite thick. They also remove the old roof material down to the wood and start from there. They (ProTek) have a YouTube page that shows the entire process start to finish.
    Last edited by jneubig; 05-10-2020 at 06:05 AM.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea of how much weight the new roof added to the rig?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    Good question Rob. The Rhino Liner in my truck bed was 75# added.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    I didn’t ask but if it’s as dense as the bediners we spray, I would guess it’s about the same as the alpha material that came off. I can call them
    Monday for an accurate number.
    2017 Momentum 395M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called them this morning and the office manager is going to get an accurate number and let me know later today. She did say it's 20 gallons for the average RV and that mine at 42' probably took 25-28 gallons. Sounds about like the same coverage as what we use on truck bedliners. Ours is roughly 9.5 pounds per gallon sprayed. Using that number, the material on mine would be in the 237.5#-266# range. I know a 50' roll of rubber roofing material is 208 pounds. Not sure about the Alpha that was on the camper as I could not find weight specs online. It's pretty much a wash with regards to weight after removing the original roof material. I'll report back with the exact weight per gallon when she calls me back. Also forgot to mention in my earlier posts that they did give a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship should it ever have any issues (short of a tree falling, me cutting it, etc.) This looks very much like the FlexArmor product mentioned earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by jneubig; 05-11-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    2017 Momentum 395M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    I called them this morning and the office manager is going to get an accurate number and let me know later today. She did say it's 20 gallons for the average RV and that mine at 42' probably took 25-28 gallons. Sounds about like the same coverage as what we use on truck bedliners. Ours is roughly 9.5 pounds per gallon sprayed. Using that number, the material on mine would be in the 237.5#-266# range. I know a 50' roll of rubber roofing material is 208 pounds. Not sure about the Alpha that was on the camper as I could not find weight specs online. It's pretty much a wash with regards to weight after removing the original roof material. I'll report back with the exact weight per gallon when she calls me back. Also forgot to mention in my earlier posts that they did give a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship should it ever have any issues (short of a tree falling, me cutting it, etc.) This looks very much like the FlexArmor product mentioned earlier in this thread.
    Yes, this looks like RV FlexArmor. Fantastic product. Not anything at all like RV Armor. I’ve had it for 3 years now and it still looks just like this when it’s clean. GEICO insurance approved it as an alternative to membrane roof replacement after puncture damage in previous roof. Cost to replace traditional roof was nearly $15K. This application was $7200 or so (before deductible) with all the prep, new A/C seals (they remove all vents and A/Cs, solar, etc and spray all openings as well). They add vent covers if you do not already have them and replace fridge cap and all vent pipe caps with new. Amazing craftsmanship and value. Lifetime transferrable leakproof warranty. No caulk or sealant of any kind. Ever. No maintenance. Best product I have ever seen. Mine was done in Bertram, Texas near Austin. There are only about a dozen approved applicators across USA, but this product and service is well worth a trip and a couple of nights in a motel!
    Last edited by Grammy&Grandad; 05-12-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    Yes, this looks like RV FlexArmor. Fantastic product. Not anything at all like RV Armor. I’ve had it for 3 years now and it still looks just like this when it’s clean. GEICO insurance approved it as an alternative to membrane roof replacement after puncture damage in previous roof. Cost to replace traditional roof was nearly $15. This application was $7200 or so (before deductible) with all the prep, new A/C seals (they remove all vents and A/Cs, solar, etc and spray all openings as well). They add vent covers if you do not already have them and replace fridge cap and all vent pipe caps with new. Amazing craftsmanship and value. Lifetime transferrable leakproof warranty. No caulk or sealant of any kind. Ever. No maintenance. Best product I have ever seen. Mine was done in Bertram, Texas near Austin. There are only about a dozen approved applicators across USA, but this product and service is well worth a trip and a couple of nights in a motel!
    Everything above sounds exactly like what I got. Might be the same product under a different name. All new AC seals on mine, lifetime transferable warranty, new vents, no maintenance (can be cleaned with a pressure washer if need be), the works. I also found out mine is sprayed to 3/16" thickness. Still waiting on the actual weight of the product, but I'm sure what I previously reported is pretty close. I went back to our bedliner booth and measured a gallon of ours to confirm earlier today and was correct in my previous post.
    2017 Momentum 395M

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    ... I went back to our bedliner booth and measured a gallon of ours to confirm earlier today and was correct in my previous post.
    Keep in mind that most coatings will weigh less when the spray vehicle (chemical) has evaporated as the coating cures. In other words, spray on a can and let it dry and it won't weigh as much as it did in the can (even factoring in the weight of the can).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast