User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammy&Grandad View Post
    Yes, this looks like RV FlexArmor. Fantastic product. Not anything at all like RV Armor. I’ve had it for 3 years now and it still looks just like this when it’s clean. GEICO insurance approved it as an alternative to membrane roof replacement after puncture damage in previous roof. Cost to replace traditional roof was nearly $15K. This application was $7200 or so (before deductible) with all the prep, new A/C seals (they remove all vents and A/Cs, solar, etc and spray all openings as well). They add vent covers if you do not already have them and replace fridge cap and all vent pipe caps with new. Amazing craftsmanship and value. Lifetime transferrable leakproof warranty. No caulk or sealant of any kind. Ever. No maintenance. Best product I have ever seen. Mine was done in Bertram, Texas near Austin. There are only about a dozen approved applicators across USA, but this product and service is well worth a trip and a couple of nights in a motel!
    @Grammy&Grandad, thanks for your feedback on the RV FlexArmor. Especially the location you used (Bertram, TX). I live south of New Braunsfels, TX and was looking at that location for the FlexArmor. Your positive feedback was exactly what I was looking for. I plan to have this done to my RV but I have some suspension upgrades planned first. Definitely on my to-do list.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those guys at Hwy 29 RV Rescue are amazing. When you get yours done - tell them Chris from BELTON said hey!
    Home is where you park it!
    2021 Solitude 380FL
    2014 Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW 6.6L Duramax Allison 6 Speed
    RVing since 1996; Full Time since 2018

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drolaw View Post
    @Grammy&Grandad, thanks for your feedback on the RV FlexArmor. Especially the location you used (Bertram, TX). I live south of New Braunsfels, TX and was looking at that location for the FlexArmor. Your positive feedback was exactly what I was looking for. I plan to have this done to my RV but I have some suspension upgrades planned first. Definitely on my to-do list.
    You won’t regret it! Those guys are super pros!
    2021 Solitude 380FL

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the differences between RV Armor and RV FlexArmor?
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, this is one of those things that make you go "hmm". 7000 bucks for an RV roof done after the fact, rave reviews, an, even for a layman, it's an obviously better material. Probably would be faster for the factory to install too. So, how much does the roof they put up there, all that sealant and time cost? It's not 0. Pricing out the material, and even a reasonable labor cost, it still has to be a few K for them to put the rubber roof material, all that Dicor, etc up there. If they can spray it, taking everything off the roof, and charging "consumer" prices for 7K, how much gap is there between the 2 materials for cost if it was done at the factory? I mean, this could be a standard, or a reasonably low priced option and you'll never a roof issue for the life of the RV. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. I mean, they offer full body paint that does nothing but look good, takes a ton more skill/time to install, and costs a LOT more on basically every model, but not a roof that will never leak and needs no maintenance? And this isn't GD, AFAIK, I've never seen a TT or 5er with a sprayed on factory roof.

It's little stuff like this that you just look at and think, "why"? Another one, one of the fans in the back of my fridge failed. Impossible to get to without removing the fridge. Ugh! It's the cheapest fan in the history of computer fans; just your regular 12V 120MM fan. Why on earth, on a 5,000 dollar fridge, would you use the cheapest fan on the planet in a place where replacing it is a major operation?! A good fan costs like 20 bucks, a garbage one costs about 5. If you're building a budget computer, I get it, it's a 250 dollar computer, use the 5 dollar fan. It's also easy to get at fans in a computer, if it fails, just replace it. But on a 5,000 dollar refrigerator where the fan is basically built into the wall when it's installed!? WTF.

Would be like saving 5 bucks on bolts to use mild steel in the connecting rods in a diesel engine. It's a 15,000 dollar engine, and replacing those bolts is days of work, put in a grade 8 and call it a day people! I just don't get it at all, some of the compromises make sense (the horrible beds in most RVs for example, easy to replace and everyone might want something a little different and different price points). But a fan?! I mean, come on!

<end rant>

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    What are the differences between RV Armor and RV FlexArmor?
    Hi Richter, from my investigation I've found that RV Armor is a rolled on paint type material that is similar to the rubber roofing that we are all used to, maybe a little more durable though. My understanding is that the FlexArmor is more like a sprayed in bed liner used for pickup trucks but not as rigid, but just as thick and durable. I wish that there were companies in the NE closer to home. Here's the website that I was getting info from RVRoof.com I really don't understand why Manufacturers wouldn't use this as an up-sell?
    Tim and Melissa
    2020 311BHS
    2015 Ram Mega Dually Long Horn
    6.7 Cumm

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timgunther View Post
    Hi Richter, from my investigation I've found that RV Armor is a rolled on paint type material that is similar to the rubber roofing that we are all used to, maybe a little more durable though. My understanding is that the FlexArmor is more like a sprayed in bed liner used for pickup trucks but not as rigid, but just as thick and durable. I wish that there were companies in the NE closer to home. Here's the website that I was getting info from RVRoof.com I really don't understand why Manufacturers wouldn't use this as an up-sell?
    Tim has it just right. RV FlexArmor is a totally different product than RV Armor. Also not anything like Rhino Lining or other similar coatings. Tensile strength over 3000 psi I believe. It’s dang tough stuff. And the prep / service aspect of the FlexArmor install is a game changer along with the lifetime transferable no-leak warranty. I would love to see manufacturers or dealers make this an up-sell / option, especially on higher end fifth wheels and motor coaches. I’ll bet it happens.

The cost to a manufacturer for any type of membrane roof has got to be significantly lower than the materials alone for the FlexArmor product, but I think that cost in production would still be lower than aftermarket because of labor removing and reinstalling ACs, vents and fixtures as done in current FlexArmor process.

I was told that FlexArmor added about 225 lbs to my 40 foot fifth wheel when it was done. It is a beautiful product. When I traded that unit in this year, the trade value was significantly higher from my dealer because of this roof and they sold it pretty dang fast even though it was a 2012 model. It was in very good shape overall but the roof with the lifetime transferable warranty was a huge incentive to potential buyers.

I will be adding RV FlexArmor to my Solitude at the first sign of roof damage. Insurance jumped at my request to approve RV FlexArmor instead of traditional membrane system.
    2021 Solitude 380FL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Grammy&Grandad!

Just curious when you initially contacted your insurance company about replacing your roof membrane, did they have any information about Flex Armor? I wanted to add Flex Armor to my new Reflection back in February prior to taking delivery, but there where no installers near me and the Dealer had not heard of the product at that time. Currently checking the roof after every trip, the sad thing is i just closed the rig up and covered it for the winter
    Tim and Melissa
    2020 311BHS
    2015 Ram Mega Dually Long Horn
    6.7 Cumm

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timgunther View Post
    Thanks Grammy&Grandad!

Just curious when you initially contacted your insurance company about replacing your roof membrane, did they have any information about Flex Armor? I wanted to add Flex Armor to my new Reflection back in February prior to taking delivery, but there where no installers near me and the Dealer had not heard of the product at that time. Currently checking the roof after every trip, the sad thing is i just closed the rig up and covered it for the winter
    My insurance company was not familiar with RV FlexArmor. My damage was discovered by a servicing dealer doing other work for me. We contacted my insurer, who sent an adjuster to their shop to inspect and authorize repairs. I asked if i could use a RV FlexArmor installer in my area and explained the difference - and they just told ne to get a comparison quote so they could adjust the claim. (In Texas, the insurance company cannot specify who does your repair, so I got to choose.). Once they saw the quote - they were all about it (about 1/2 the cost of the quote to install a new EPDM roof). I scheduled the RV FlexArmor and have never looked back. They documented the lifetime transferrable warranty for me to pass on if I ever sold or traded. Yup - as soon as you get some qualifying damage - I would do what it takes to get to an RV FlexArmor installer!
    2021 Solitude 380FL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I damaged the roof on our 2017 Reflection 337RLS. Talked to my dealer and another RV roof repair shop in my area. (Spokane WA) and decided to do FlexArmour. I had to travel to Pasco Washington to find an authorized installer. Lifetime warranty, no caulking ever and it looks great. My insurance was easy to deal with (State Farm) especially because it was considerably less than a factory roof at the dealer. I would recommend Travelers Destination RV Service Center, Pasco WA, owner Doug was very easy to work with. By the way his charge was $139 a foot, which was lower than anything in my city and less than I have seen on some of these threads

Ed Murphy
    2017 Reflection 337RLS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast