User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey Tank monitors and valves

We have a 2016 Reflection 303rls and have never gone more than 3-4 days without dumping the grey tanks till this winter staying in Florida state parks for 2 weeks and not having a sewer hook up. I have dumped once a week and had no problems. Now the questions, #1 with 2 grey tanks on the monitor panel there is Grey 1 and Grey 2, which is the galley and which is the shower/bath sink tank? #2 on the Kantleak panel there are 2 grey tank valves with no designation as to which is the galley and which is the shower/bathroom sink? When I get home it wouldn't be hard to figure out but, I haven't been able to find a good answer. Went thru the Reflection owners book and no answer there and did a search and couldn't find anything on the forum either. I guess I am one of the few but my grey tank sensors actually work.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbowman View Post
    We have a 2016 Reflection 303rls and have never gone more than 3-4 days without dumping the grey tanks till this winter staying in Florida state parks for 2 weeks and not having a sewer hook up. I have dumped once a week and had no problems. Now the questions, #1 with 2 grey tanks on the monitor panel there is Grey 1 and Grey 2, which is the galley and which is the shower/bath sink tank? #2 on the Kantleak panel there are 2 grey tank valves with no designation as to which is the galley and which is the shower/bathroom sink? When I get home it wouldn't be hard to figure out but, I haven't been able to find a good answer. Went thru the Reflection owners book and no answer there and did a search and couldn't find anything on the forum either. I guess I am one of the few but my grey tank sensors actually work.
    One way to check it out (question 2)- a few drops of red food color in the kitchen drain. Which tank drains pink?

For question 1 then, next time you dump, dump the one you know is the kitchen tank. Check monitor to see which one is empty.
    Last edited by livinthelife; 02-06-2020 at 11:21 PM.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at the monitors before dumping and note the levels. Open ONE grey tank valve to drain the tank. Again note the levels on the monitor. The other two won't be hard to figure out then. Have a P-Touch, label maker or Sharpie ready if you want to identify them.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I knew I could do both of those and those are great suggestions. Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you dump both tanks Close the valve and put 5 gallons in one tank. Open the valve and see which one drains water. Mark that valve so you will know. The level things in the tanks don't work very well.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one that fills up the quickest is the bathroom/shower.

Unless you do A LOT of dishes.....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The one that fills up the quickest is the bathroom/shower.

Unless you do A LOT of dishes.....
    LOL . Or unless you take VERY FEW showers.....
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about your rig but the specs seem to be the same as my 2018 303rls. Grey 1 is bath and Grey 2 is galley on my rig. Specs show a 43 gallon black water tank and 75 total for grey. I read somewhere they install black and grey 1 bath side by side and galley further back under kitchen sink. The black and grey 1 tanks are same size at 43 gallons so grey 2 galley is 32 gallons. My galley fills up quicker than bath as well. On my Nautilus panel Grey 2 is far left, Grey 1 is middle.
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Allyn that was what I was looking for. Don't know why GD couldn't put that in the owners manual.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbowman View Post
    Thanks Allyn that was what I was looking for. Don't know why GD couldn't put that in the owners manual.
    Or mark them accordingly.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.