User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: F350 6.7

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2017. It is a great truck. I have had some of the problems mentioned; upper oil pan leak, sync radio going to am when starting, diesel particulate filter failure, two EGR sensors replaced, death wobble a couple times in steering mechanism (steering damper replaced, so far so good). Regarding the DPR, they said it was plugged up. It was replaced under warranty but would have been about a $2,000 repair if not. I had the dealership pull up the diesel particulate filter percentage screen so I can monitor if the regents is working. I had to show them how to do this from a website I found. I now know if it’s working properly, or if I need to run the truck more to kick the regeneration into action.

I k ow all this sounds bad, but it goes and drives really nice.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2017 F250 powerstroke lariat model. I pull a 150 series 260RD. My struggle is overheating while pulling the mountains here in Montana. I don't know if it is the radiator coolant or transmission coolant. It is a slow pull if it is not early morning (summer) temperatures. I have looked at after market radiators but they are a little pricey. Has anyone else had to deal with summer trailer pulling and overheating?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muley guy View Post
    Has anyone else had to deal with summer trailer pulling and overheating?
    I've pulled two different 5th wheels (15-16,500lbs) with two different F-350's (see my signature below). Neither of them got hot while towing up the Oregon Cascades, Sikiyous or the Grapevine in CA even on 100 degree days. Engine temps barely budge. Transmission temps go up just a bit - more so with the new 2020 10 speed which runs hotter by design. Not even close to overheating. These new diesel trucks have massive radiators. If yours is overheating pulling what is a relatively lightweight (9,995lb GVWR) 260RD, something is wrong.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2017 F250 powerstroke lariat model. I pull a 150 series 260RD. My struggle is overheating while pulling the mountains here in Montana. I don't know if it is the radiator coolant or transmission coolant. It is a slow pull if it is not early morning (summer) temperatures. I have looked at after market radiators but they are a little pricey. Has anyone else had to deal with summer trailer pulling and overheating?
    @muley guy I am sure more forum members will chime in on your overheating problem but here are a few that come to mind. You didn't say but how many miles on your F250?? There are several potential reasons for your uphill overheating some involved and some less so. If you have a scan tool that can be very helpful in zeroing in otherwise its a process of elimination. 1. Bad fan clutch which is controlled by the ECM as I recall, can you hear the fan kick in when your engine temp is getting hot? 2.Bad temp sensor 3. as you eluded to a radiator problem, reduced coolant flow internally or airflow thru radiator fins externally. Before the expense of a new radiator I'd have your current one inspected and/or rebuilt as warranted 4. radiator cap not holding pressure, are you losing coolant and having to refill reservoir? 5. failing thermostat 6. Failing water pump. My vote is for the bad fan clutch. Safe travels!!!
    Last edited by zinman; 02-21-2021 at 09:27 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

overheating issue

Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    @muley guy I am sure more forum members will chime in on your overheating problem but here are a few that come to mind. You didn't say but how many miles on your F250?? There are several potential reasons for your uphill overheating some involved and some less so. If you have a scan tool that can be very helpful in zeroing in otherwise its a process of elimination. 1. Bad fan clutch which is controlled by the ECM as I recall, can you hear the fan kick in when your engine temp is getting hot? 2.Bad temp sensor 3. as you eluded to a radiator problem, reduced coolant flow internally or airflow thru radiator fins externally. Before the expense of a new radiator I'd have your current one inspected and/or rebuilt as warranted 4. radiator cap not holding pressure, are you losing coolant and having to refill reservoir? 5. failing thermostat 6. Failing water pump. My vote is for the bad fan clutch. Safe travels!!!
    Thanks for the advice. I will have the fan clutch checked out!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2017 F250, tows our 303RLS. On warm days going up hills the digital display temperature comes on and the temp will go as high as 220, but with the pressurization it is nowhere near overheating.

Len

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an insight monitor in my 15' F350. Towing heavy Momentum with a Porsche 911 in the back thru the mountains many times and have never had overheating issues. Dash gauges are all fine but oil temp will heat up to around 235-240 after sustained uphill grade. Truck has 144k miles on it and the 16' Momentum has about 45k miles on it. I have only had to replace a leaky water pump and just had to replace my def tank heater. Other than that it has been a beast. Regular oil changes, fuel filters every 23k and I have run Opti-lube fuel additive since new. The only reason I would consider upgrading is for the 10 speed transmission. A 4 1/2 gear would be great in mine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234