User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing with a 2006 2500 5.9 cummins

Hello all. I'm so glad I found this group, as I have already learned a ton. But looking through the forums and online I'm getting mixed reviews. When I do the math, I'm in the clear towing a 2019 Reflection 28BH ( our hopefully soon to be rig). Has any one towed that specific model with the same truck? Long shot I know but I figured who else better to ask then the experts on here. Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will be fine with your current truck. On a side note the newer trucks to so much better than your current truck. I get it would be hard to have a payment on both I am in the same boat. But the new trucks have built so many towing systems in the newer trucks makes the RV experience so much better. Keep that in the back of your mind.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 2006 5.9 2500 with the short bed and crew cab.

I towed a Wildcat 32QBBS at that time, and it towed it very well. The pin weight was very close to what the current 28BHS is, and overall weight.

The 5.9 motor is very strong, and very reliable. Especially when built or tuned.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank the bone, yeah trust me, if I could get both right now I would. Truth is I really love my 06 and would love to keep it around for a while if possible. I sat recently in a 2019 Dodge 2500.... dang! But that will have to wait for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I had a 2006 5.9 2500 with the short bed and crew cab.

I towed a Wildcat 32QBBS at that time, and it towed it very well. The pin weight was very close to what the current 28BHS is, and overall weight.

The 5.9 motor is very strong, and very reliable. Especially when built or tuned.
    Thanks. The motor on mine has performed well. Only has 155,000 on it currently and the tranny is getting built up here in a few months to make it more bomb proof. Thanks for your reply.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was towing my Momentum with an 05 5.9 Six speed manual DRW until I purchased the ‘14. You will have plenty of power and none of the emissions stuff.

Big Mike
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm first on the list for purchasing my father's 2004 5.9 with the robust NV5600 manual when he's done with it. Awesome truck. I hope he keeps camping for many more years.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue