User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanting to Change Equi flex to MORryde 3000 and shackles

Am getting ready to go on a long exploration this summer and am thinking about changing out my Equaflex equalizers and shackles to MORryde 3000
    along with shackles. Have read Posts earlier about a Trailer shop up in the Dallas area that does this work and also Disc Brake conversions. I tried to find the posts about the shop using the search, but NOJOY! Would like assistance from the Texas based RV traveler that used that shop to again post the name and contact to get this completed. Also any info on the changeout and if there is a substantial improvement would be appreciated. Our 2018 310GK is usually loaded to 13700 lbs at most, and am concerned about rough roads, to include our freeways, out in the west putting strain on suspension and causing suspension issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike and Jane, Two retired Educators/ One retired Army Aviator
    3 Mini Tri AUSIES
    2018 310 GK 2019 Chevy Duramax 3500 4W/D SRW L/B
    BW 18000 lb Hitch, BACKFLIP TONNAU

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the thread for you Mike. Dallas posted the info HERE.

Good luck, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st Cav Duke View Post
    Am getting ready to go on a long exploration this summer and am thinking about changing out my Equaflex equalizers and shackles to MORryde 3000
    along with shackles. Have read Posts earlier about a Trailer shop up in the Dallas area that does this work and also Disc Brake conversions. I tried to find the posts about the shop using the search, but NOJOY! Would like assistance from the Texas based RV traveler that used that shop to again post the name and contact to get this completed. Also any info on the changeout and if there is a substantial improvement would be appreciated. Our 2018 310GK is usually loaded to 13700 lbs at most, and am concerned about rough roads, to include our freeways, out in the west putting strain on suspension and causing suspension issues.
    Mike Jane, I just completed the MORryde HD shackle install on our unit. The HD shackle installation is definitely an improvement beefing up a weak point in the suspension. The last time I weighed our unit we were running @ 14,000 lbs loaded.
    The HD shackle kit comes with all new wet bolts which I needed because some of my factory installed wet bolts would not take grease with weight on the suspension. This was because the grease holes in the wet bolts were not clocked correctly at the 3 or 9 o'clock position when initially installed. The leaf spring ends mounted to the frame hangers did not have wet bolts at all. When installing the new wet bolts and bushings on the leaf spring ends I found the original bronze bushings were already wore out on our unit because there was no way to grease them. We have about 3000 miles on our RV. All is fine now.

I did Not replace the Equa-Flex with the MORryde CRE. My feeling was the Equa-Flex is really the same thing as the MORryde CRE and is just as good. I did not feel changing the equalizer to MORryde CRE would make anymore improvement. When the Equa-Flex wears out and needs replaced then I'll switch to MORryde CREs.

Now when we had our Imagine it had a solid equalizer (no rubber cushion) so changing to the MORryde CRE 3000 made a big difference there.

Just my .02
    Last edited by Steven@147; 02-08-2020 at 08:23 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Mike Jane, I just completed the MORryde HD shackle install on our unit. The HD shackle installation is definitely an improvement beefing up a weak point in the suspension. The last time I weighed our unit we were running @ 14,000 lbs loaded.
    The HD shackle kit comes with all new wet bolts which I needed because some of my factory installed wet bolts would not take grease with weight on the suspension. This was because the grease holes in the wet bolts were not clocked correctly at the 3 or 9 o'clock position when initially installed. The leaf spring ends mounted to the frame hangers did not have wet bolts at all. When installing the new wet bolts and bushings on the leaf spring ends I found the original bronze bushings were already wore out on our unit because there was no way to grease them. We have about 3000 miles on our RV. All is fine now.

I did Not replace the Equa-Flex with the MORryde CRE. My feeling was the Equa-Flex is really the same thing as the MORryde CRE and is just as good. I did not feel changing the equalizer to MORryde CRE would make anymore improvement. When the Equa-Flex wears out and needs replaced then I'll switch to MORryde CREs.

Now when we had our Imagine it had a solid equalizer (no rubber cushion) so changing to the MORryde CRE 3000 made a big difference there.

Just my .02
    Timely post and thanks. I'm leaving next weekend for spring training in Fla. So I was under the trailer today to grease the wet bolts on my rig and ran into problems. last June when I went to do it for the first time I found GD had only greased the the fittings on the bolts and equalizers. They were dry inside as no grease came out when new was pushed in. Then there were four I couldn't grease at all, I had a dealer take care of them. Fast forward to now and those same four I cannot get grease into. I'm throwing in the towel and ordering a set of Morryde wet bolts and shackles to replace it all. I like your comment on the equalizer as I was contemplating swapping in a CRE3000 too. I think I'll take care of the immediate problem and let the rest wait.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 02-09-2020 at 05:02 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike,
    I changed my 2017 303RLS over to the MoRryde 4000 with wet bolts because the shackle spring brackets broke on both sides of the rear axel. The conversion was very good , but I did have a welding shop that works on trailers do the work, not a RV dealer. Trailer pulls smoother and it pulls straight.
    Festus Burchfield
    303 RLS 2017
    2500HD Duramax 2007

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Timely post and thanks. I'm leaving next weekend for spring training in Fla. So I was under the trailer today to grease the wet bolts on my rig and ran into problems. last June when I went to do it for the first time I found GD had only greased the the fittings on the bolts and equalizers. They were dry inside as no grease came out when new was pushed in. Then there were four I couldn't grease at all, I had a dealer take care of them. Fast forward to now and those same four I cannot get grease into. I'm throwing in the towel and ordering a set of Morryde wet bolts and shackles to replace it all. I like your comment on the equalizer as I was contemplating swapping in a CRE3000 too. I think I'll take care of the immediate problem and let the rest wait.
    I changed the wet bolts and shackles and also went to the Morryde 3000. The new wet bolts and shackles gave me much greater peace of mind as every bolt I removed from the original setup was damaged. I didn't notice a change in the ride from the original configuration. I only felt a noticeable improvement when I added the Roadmaster shocks. This gave a big improvement.

I think everyone should make the wet bolt and shackle upgrade as soon as they can. The original parts were all failed or damaged after just 4,000 miles.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKilmer View Post
    I changed the wet bolts and shackles and also went to the Morryde 3000. The new wet bolts and shackles gave me much greater peace of mind as every bolt I removed from the original setup was damaged. I didn't notice a change in the ride from the original configuration. I only felt a noticeable improvement when I added the Roadmaster shocks. This gave a big improvement.

I think everyone should make the wet bolt and shackle upgrade as soon as they can. The original parts were all failed or damaged after just 4,000 miles.
    Bob
    Maybe you should document your repair and send all the old parts to Grand Design. Maybe they will learn that what they are supplying, isn't working.

You might even get some money back. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard about them doing the right thing.
    KEN
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Bob
    Maybe you should document your repair and send all the old parts to Grand Design. Maybe they will learn that what they are supplying, isn't working.

You might even get some money back. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard about them doing the right thing.
    KEN
    Ken,
    Thank you for the recommendation. It is a great idea, I wish I had done that before I discarded the parts!

Bob

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob

KEN
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKilmer View Post
    Ken,
    Thank you for the recommendation. It is a great idea, I wish I had done that before I discarded the parts!

Bob
    Did you happen to take any pictures? That would work too. KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you happen to take any pictures? That would work too. KEN
    No pictures either :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast