User Tag List

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I don’t know what it weighs but the guy next to me has a 40 foot Montana fiver with 4 slides and he towed it here with a 15 year old Nissan Titan which has a gas 5.6.
    I’ve owned two of them and there’s no way it should be towing that trailer.
    Some people are just idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OMG! That's really "special". Only hope is that the axle gives way before someone gets killed. Although, I suspect unless it's downhill, can't tow very fast with that configuration anyway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a 337RLS last summer. At the time, we had a F250 diesel. Pulled it just fine but the weight cargo capacity on our F250 was only 2059lbs. So we ordered a 2020 F350 Diesel regular bed. Our cargo capacity went from 20590 lbs to 3501 lbs. Our pin weight on the 337 is 2180 lbs. You have an 8' bed & your sticker shows 4500 lbs. You are more than good with that F350 SRW. Best thing I did was get scale weights on both, individually & attached. Another thing my CPA DW did was create a spreadsheet. That helped us with the numbers. Keep Your Daydream has one on their site...we found it on their YouTube channel. I believe there is another one out there as well(don't recall whose it was?) Below is a rough outline that might help you get started. We plugged in the numbers & formulas to let us know where we were regarding capacity. Hope that helps.
    Reflection 337RLS
    UVW 10570
    GVWR 13995
    Hitch Weight 2180

Truck 2020 F350 6.7 Diesel

Curb Weight
    GVWR
    GCVWR
    Payload
    Towing Capacity

Estimated Payload
    Passengers
    Cargo
    Total Payload

Hitched
    Available Payload
    New GVW
    New GCVW
    Towing Capacity
    Stephen & Kerri
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 4X4 Lariat
    Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you should thank your dealer.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddieMac View Post
    Sounds like you should thank your dealer.
    He did with a $70,000 check.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4,500# of payload on an F350 SRW CC diesel - seriously? My F450 is 4,600#. I've heard of RV dealers not letting you take the unit if you don't have enough truck to take it off the lot... but never heard of a truck dealer inquire or care what you are using it for.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    4,500# of payload on an F350 SRW CC diesel - seriously? My F450 is 4,600#. I've heard of RV dealers not letting you take the unit if you don't have enough truck to take it off the lot... but never heard of a truck dealer inquire or care what you are using it for.
    We're in a litegous society that has resulted from lawsuits and insurance companies having to pay out for their insured.

I worked in property management and our leases went from two or three pages thirty years ago to 37 pages when I retired three years ago. The same happened with prohibited dogs. In the begining it was just three or four breeds (ie. pitbull, shepards, rotweiler) to 17 breeds when I retired. That kind of thing comes from the insurance companies after they've paid out. It went way beyond dogs.....I suspect that's what's going on with the dealerships that are confirming what's going to be towed.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure that a Ford dealer needs to know what you are going to use the truck for nor would they be liable if you towed something with it. Just like if you drove it into a crowd of people. The dealer has no say as to how you use the truck and they can't be sued because of anything you did.
    I am not sure that a RV dealer would be on the hook for letting you hook up and tow what ever you wanted to buy. I guess you could have your buddy bring his DRW to the dealer when you go to pick up the trailer, after that you can do what you want.
    I do agree that Americans are sue happy which I am not in that camp. I see the Barnes firm advertised all over the country. That should scare the crap out of everybody. That truck didn't stop. How can I ruin his life when it was just a small fender bender. Where did that neck brace come from? They have doctors on call. Where does it hurt sir?

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    I am not sure that a Ford dealer needs to know what you are going to use the truck for nor would they be liable if you towed something with it. Just like if you drove it into a crowd of people. The dealer has no say as to how you use the truck and they can't be sued because of anything you did.
    I am not sure that a RV dealer would be on the hook for letting you hook up and tow what ever you wanted to buy. I guess you could have your buddy bring his DRW to the dealer when you go to pick up the trailer, after that you can do what you want.
    I do agree that Americans are sue happy which I am not in that camp. I see the Barnes firm advertised all over the country. That should scare the crap out of everybody. That truck didn't stop. How can I ruin his life when it was just a small fender bender. Where did that neck brace come from? They have doctors on call. Where does it hurt sir?
    "I told them what I was going to tow with it and they said it would pull it". My personal experience with nuscience suits, I could just see something like that happening. It's cheaper for insurance companies to settle nuscience cases out of court, even if they would win in court.....so they settle out of court. And I don't know that that's what happened with that dealership, I just know that in property management we had one or two of those nuscience suits every year or two. It's possible that it's not related to anything that happened previously that cost them.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Bluto View Post
    Well my Ram 2018 SRW 3500 long bed 6.7 Cummins Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191212_154651 (2).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	25840 seriously 4394 .... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    Well my Ram 2018 SRW 3500 long bed 6.7 Cummins Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191212_154651 (2).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	25840 seriously 4394 .... later Frank
    My 2017 F350 SRW CCSB Diesel was a tad over 3,400 which is why I was surprised - just seem high for a CCLB diesel. I see where Ford has upped their GVWR by 900# for 2020 which now makes sense from a numbers perspective Not sure I'd want that much payload in the back on an SRW, but that is my and why I went the F450 route.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast