Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mods

Just finished installing a 48" X 90" double slide-out tray (slides both ways) in the basement. Got tired of not being able to get to the stuff in the middle with out removing all the other stuff. Also, installed a co-ax cable connector on the rear outside of the rig so I could hook the sat cable up without having to run 20' of cable under and to the side. This was an easy mod since we have the model with the rear slide-out and could easily pass the cable up into an inside cabinet that houses the Wally. We had purchased the Wally and a tailgater two months ago I would like to post pics of these, I have them on my phone but I cannot see how to do that. If anyone tries to do the tray install -- there is a cross brace under the tray and this needs to be taken into account when measuring the amount of height to be able to clear the door lip. I used a 1 x 4 and it works but it scraps the door jam a bit. Also, installed a new (larger) water softener that sets on the ground outside. We had one but it was too small and needed to be recharged more than once a week. Busy, busy. How did I ever get anything done before I retired? Now I need to clean up and get ready to take my Lady to a concert here in this RV resort.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    Just finished installing a 48" X 90" double slide-out tray (slides both ways) in the basement. Got tired of not being able to get to the stuff in the middle with out removing all the other stuff. Also, installed a co-ax cable connector on the rear outside of the rig so I could hook the sat cable up without having to run 20' of cable under and to the side. This was an easy mod since we have the model with the rear slide-out and could easily pass the cable up into an inside cabinet that houses the Wally. We had purchased the Wally and a tailgater two months ago I would like to post pics of these, I have them on my phone but I cannot see how to do that. If anyone tries to do the tray install -- there is a cross brace under the tray and this needs to be taken into account when measuring the amount of height to be able to clear the door lip. I used a 1 x 4 and it works but it scraps the door jam a bit. Also, installed a new (larger) water softener that sets on the ground outside. We had one but it was too small and needed to be recharged more than once a week. Busy, busy. How did I ever get anything done before I retired? Now I need to clean up and get ready to take my Lady to a concert here in this RV resort.
    If an admin doesn't help you, email the pics to me and I'll post them here for you Dick.
    [email protected]
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dick
    If you would mine; in the future, please title the thread something like "double slide-out tray mod" . That way, people can find what they are searching for.

Later, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try THIS for photo sharing from your computer. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all. Davematthewsband - I'll try to ship you pics. I am also going to try to download the pics from my cell.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orbiker - In the future, I'll remember to put in a better description.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

mods

Thanks to all. Davematthewsband - I'll try to ship you pics. I am also going to try to download the pics from my cell.
    I got several emails from you but they were all empty.
    I believe there is a section here somewhere that explains how to attach photos to your forum posts.

Here it is I found it...

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Hope this helps

How do I attach a file to a post?
    To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
    On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
    To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
    Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
    What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
    In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.
    How do I add an image to a post?
    If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
    To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert photos from your albums (?) in this way too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 02-12-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Davemathewsband -- thanks for trying. I will get a proper cable from Best Buy and try to download the pics from my cell to the pc and then download them here. My phone is too old to do a direct download.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Davemathewsband -- thanks for trying.
    I will get a proper cable from Best Buy and try to download the pics from my cell to
    the pc and then download them here. My phone is too old to do a direct download.
    They needed to be cropped and resized so I did that for ya, no worries.
    Also, you'll have better luck posting photos (for most websites) if you will hold your phone
    horizontal instead of vertical, when using the camera.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BxRbk47CQAAAYiJ.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	24828

Here's your photos:

Name:	101.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	24824

Name:	102.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	24825

Name:	103.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	24826

Name:	104.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	24827

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dick,
    Very very nice! More money out of my pocket

Cheers,
    Kevin
    PS: Thanks, Ed for helping out.
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears