User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shore Power Gfci issues

Hi. New to the group here. I just purchased a new Momentum 21G. Plugged in when I got home and started popping the house GFCI. Only plug it in to keep battery charged, run fridge and use lights. Swapped cords, connections etc. still pops at the house outlet. Plugged it in to a garage receptacle and no issues. Here’s the odd part. My old toy hauler was plugged in the same way and never had an issue. I’ve heard that sometimes the power converter can mess with shore gfci outlets or that having two Gfci outlets on the same circuit can cause issues. Any thoughts?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I experienced the same issue. GFCI at the house kept popping. I'll be interested to hear what others say about this. My solution will probably be to add a full 30 Amp circuit. I have an outdoor box in the back near where I park the TT so it should be an easy project.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Luck! GFCI is one gadget that, like computers and cell phones, is not yet perfected.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First step is to turn off all the breakers and see if it still trips. Then turn on the main, followed by trying each breaker to see when it trips.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    First step is to turn off all the breakers and see if it still trips. Then turn on the main, followed by trying each breaker to see when it trips.
    I turned off the main and it still tripped. I am thinking it’s some kind of interference with the converter or something. Wish I had a wiring diagram.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happygeo View Post
    I turned off the main and it still tripped. I am thinking it’s some kind of interference with the converter or something. Wish I had a wiring diagram.
    If the main is off, the converter isn’t connected to power. Try plugging in your cords without connecting to the trailer.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It only trips when I connect to the trailer. I even plugged something different into the cord and it didn’t trip the breaker. Plugged the same cord into a non gfci breaker. No issue. Only trips when plugged into the trailer for some reason. Main circuit breaker off in the trailer. Still trips. Frustrating obviously.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight it didn't trip for me. The only thing different I can think of is I had the water heater turned off..

I don't think it has anything to do with a multiple GFCI circuit. I have a multiple GFCI circuit on my house fish pond set up that way for years without issue.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it trips with the main off, it could be a neutral to ground fault. Newer GFCIs can detect that and it would explain why it trips with the main off.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long is your extension cord you're using? What gauge is it?
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast