User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swmurray View Post
    ...... So how does one check the axle and suspension torques and grease routines at a PDI? (I plan to search the appropriate sub-forums as tie permits)
    Torque wrench, tire pressure gauge, flashlight and rags/paper towels (all of which I brought with me ). Seriously, when we purchased our trailer, Grand design had just switched the Solitude axles from Lippert to Dexter and the Lippert greased brake issue where still fresh on everyone's mind (at least on mine). As part of our purchase agreement, I required the dealer to pull all four wheels and inspect the brakes and seals for any signs of grease issues. I also required them to grease the suspension wet bolts. Because of "insurance reasons" I was not allowed in the shop to observe the checks/work, but I settled for pictures (all looked good). I also talked to the tech who did the work at our PDI and felt comfortable he he done the work and done it correctly. I did check all lug nuts and tire pressures and observe the fresh (and different color) grease coming out of each bushing during our PDI. There are limits to what you can check, but you can get an overall feel for the unit. As for what is "routine maintenance" or what is required for warranties, I have never gotten a straight answer from the dealer and asking the same question different ways I often get conflicting answers from the same service writer.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I refused to even meet with the finance closer or sign any paperwork until we completed our PDI. I also insisted in writing on the sales contract that all brake drums were to be pulled and checked for leaky seals with pictures. When I got there at 9am they had not pulled the brake drums. After the PDI they pulled the RV into a service bay and pulled the drums. 2 of the 4 drums and brakes were contaminated with grease and they replaced everything with new while I watched.

They completed all items found on the PDI and then I went and signed closing documents at 6 pm that evening.

Then we spent the night in the RV. The next morning we discovered water dripping in the basement. A tech was called immediately and found that shower door was leaking. He resealed that door. Also the RV entry door was difficult to close. They towed the RV to their Jody shop and “adjusted” the door and door frame and brough5 it back an hour later.

We then decided to spend a second night to make sure there wasn’t anything else. That night was event free and we drove away.
    Thank you folks. Clearly I have a lot to learn about our RV, as well a being better prepared at the dealer :$

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up last Thursday ... dealer was new to us and had not even been there ... bought on the phone and thru e mails ... sales man Mike was exceptional answering questions and there was no pressure at all ... set date to pick up and I set some expectations with Mike and was contacted by our delivery coordinator and passed along my request and he agreed ... then the finance/paperwork guy called and he said come in first so I can prepare you paperwork he needed ID's ins and registration and was clear we would not sign for unit before PDI was complete and we were satisfied .... upon arrival we met Mike salesman and he introduced us to delivery person and a nice lady that took us were we needed to go... this was our 3rd PDI and 3rd 5th wheel so we had a good idea what to look for ... PDI tech was smart and did not rush us ... made a complete list of items to be addressed ... took us to there cafe were the serve free lunch all customers on site ... was the employees favorite lunch because ribs were on the menu .... one of the main items required ordering parts but would not stop me from taking the new camper home so I asked if the work could be done at a location only 40 minutes from my house they said of course and within 20 minutes I had a phone call and e mail confirming my appointment ... we signed paperwork and pulled it home ... there was a item on the list that was missed and I called and Mike confirmed the other dealer would look at it when we were there this week ... it was a loud/rattle in the exhaust fan well my neighbor was over today to check it out and I asked him what he thought the noise was and he pushed up on the Micro and it stopped he said get me a shortPhillips head screwdriver he open the storage above and it is fixed .... the dealer did a good job and I feel lucky to have them working for us ....
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our 2020 solitude 380FL today and it took about 2 hours for our PDI. This is our 3 coach so we knew the things to look out for. Our dealership did not rush as at all and was happy to do everything for wanted. Inspect roof etc. I would be very leery of any dealership who is trying to rush you or not have you look at your coach before signing everything. I hope it all works out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12