User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    My guess would be that the bar on the awning is either blocking signals when in or acting as a reflector when out.
    That would also be my guess. Wish I had an old style antenna that I could put up and turn. If nothing else it gave me the illusion of being able to do something.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    I thought that pixelation of the TV when the bathroom fan was running was normal The bathroom fan in my old trailer also pixelated the TV. I will look for ferrite beads next time I am near civilization or can get an Amazon order.
    I got a pack of snap on ferrites to have on hand: https://www.amazon.com/IEUYO-Ferrite.../dp/B07DPM44BV
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Voice is a two-hour television program. I’m not allowed to go to the bathroom during the show.

I’ll be getting some ferrite cores.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    I have a 2020 337 Reflection with a Winegard Air 360. Close to cities with strong TV signals it works good. In the middle of no where the stations are many times pixelated. I have found that if I put the main awning out about two feet the TV reception many times improves. Since I noticed this we have moved several times and putting the awning out frequently improves reception. Not every time in every campground but many times reception is improved. If I put the awning back in the TV will again be pixelated. Also arond two feet is the spot where it is best. The antenna is close to the edged of the trailer and right above the awning so the only thing I can think of is the TV signal is bouncing off the awning. Strange but true.

These antennas are non-directional as I understand it but in our current campground reception is better on one side of the campground than the other. Only difference is the trailer is turned 180 degrees. We are in New Mexico, no trees no obstructions, just plenty of wind.
    You might check if you have an antennae booster that it is providing power to the antennae. Should have 12 volts on the cable where it attaches to the antennae.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saldog View Post
    You might check if you have an antennae booster that it is providing power to the antennae. Should have 12 volts on the cable where it attaches to the antennae.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply. I will check the booster voltage but assume it is working since I get great reception on many channels and only have problems with a few channels when in the middle of nowhere. When near big cities I can get 40 or 50 channels just fine.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12