User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We walked through a 375 Solitude at one of the rallies it is a big camper and best suited for a DRW tow vehicle. Best to observe all of the ratings on both stickers in my opinion. At any rate the numbers you posted already have the truck overloaded on the GVWR. If you are involved in a MVA with an RV there is certainly a possibility that an investigation will include evaluation of loading/weight ratings, trailer brake function, etc.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruger9mm View Post
    Hello all,

I've been reading several forums and searching the net to see if my truck is able to safely pull my trailer. This weekend I weighed my truck and trailer together and then just the truck. Please see the attached photos of the weights and also the sticker from my truck. The trailer is pretty much empty I haven't put anything in it yet.

Can someone explain if I"m within the safe range for my truck. I don't really want to get a dually at this time if I don't have to.

I have a 2018 375 RES and the tow vehicle is a 2019 F350 SRW 4x4

Thanks

Attachment 24788
    Attachment 24789
    Attachment 24790
    I have the exact same setup and the last time I weighed both I was at 27,000lbs. My 350 is also a 2019 SRW and I'm very confident running at 60mph.
    Going to have the MoRryde IS installed the end of the month. After you get it loaded up take a look at your leaf Springs, just saying.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.towingplanner.com/ActualW...4900&w2da=3660 plugged in looks like you are about 320 lbs over GVWR for the truck in other terms 320 lbs over payload .... later Frank just click link for breakdown
    Last edited by frank4711; 02-19-2020 at 05:00 PM.
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You already have your answer, but there doesn’t need to be any talk about the yellow payload sticker - what you provided has all that info, and your info is better since you actually weighed the truck. All that sticker does is tell people what to expect for payload.

Since you weighed your truck, you have an exact number, configured the way you drive it. GVWR - your truck’s weight = payload. While yes, GVW is often set purely from a regulatory perspective to save tax money, it is one of the numbers you should want to stay under.

GCWR matters. GAWR matters just as much. Then GVWR also matters, but often more from a legal perspective.

As has been established, you are over GVWR and close to GAWR before loading anything. Personally, I would load that thing up and re-weigh. You’re going to load it whether you get a new truck or not, why not see where you’re going to be. It won’t hurt your truck to find out, plus you would KNOW what you have and what you need.

I’m also all about staying under all the numbers, but if you’re under GCW and GAW fully loaded, and it sits, rides, and tows well... depending on where and how you drive, I might not sweat a few hundred lbs over GVW if the other numbers are in. A bigger truck will never be a bad choice from a safety perspective though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you coCris and Txfivver for the info.. My trailer has nothing in any of the storage compartments. No washer/Dryer or generator.

I bought the truck first and when we were looking at the trailers I was told my truck will work, I guess I was told wrong.

I thing I will need to be looking at getting a dually.
    I have been there and done that ... just traded a 2019 Ram 1500 to get the truck we wanted so when we shopped for our next 5ver we would have all the truck we needed ... I say no worries and no regrets.... best of luck ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post
    You already have your answer, but there doesn’t need to be any talk about the yellow payload sticker - what you provided has all that info, and your info is better since you actually weighed the truck. All that sticker does is tell people what to expect for payload.

Since you weighed your truck, you have an exact number, configured the way you drive it. GVWR - your truck’s weight = payload. While yes, GVW is often set purely from a regulatory perspective to save tax money, it is one of the numbers you should want to stay under.

GCWR matters. GAWR matters just as much. Then GVWR also matters, but often more from a legal perspective.

As has been established, you are over GVWR and close to GAWR before loading anything. Personally, I would load that thing up and re-weigh. You’re going to load it whether you get a new truck or not, why not see where you’re going to be. It won’t hurt your truck to find out, plus you would KNOW what you have and what you need.

I’m also all about staying under all the numbers, but if you’re under GCW and GAW fully loaded, and it sits, rides, and tows well... depending on where and how you drive, I might not sweat a few hundred lbs over GVW if the other numbers are in. A bigger truck will never be a bad choice from a safety perspective though.
    Thank you for the info. I'll do that and see what it comes out to be.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you coCris and Txfivver for the info.. My trailer has nothing in any of the storage compartments. No washer/Dryer or generator.

I bought the truck first and when we were looking at the trailers I was told my truck will work, I guess I was told wrong.

I thing I will need to be looking at getting a dually.
    I was looking at the 2020 F350 SW trucks the other day and then traded in my 2019 F350 DW truck with 3700 miles on it. It turns out the max GVW on a single wheel is now at 12,400 bringing up the pay load on my truck to 4561 pounds. The 2019 max GVW was only 11,500 so the biggest payload I saw on a SW was around 3500 pounds.

The new 2020 trucks have a few great upgrades and even though I lost a bunch of money on this transaction I’m okay with that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29D9B83C-8D88-4B2B-BD42-5F4F82853380.jpg   7B09AE5A-DD2A-452D-8764-F04B2383E33E.jpeg  
    2021 F350 CC LB
    DW, diesel, 4x4
    2020 Momentum 320G

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostad View Post
    I was looking at the 2020 F350 SW trucks the other day and then traded in my 2019 F350 DW truck with 3700 miles on it. It turns out the max GVW on a single wheel is now at 12,400 bringing up the pay load on my truck to 4561 pounds. The 2019 max GVW was only 11,500 so the biggest payload I saw on a SW was around 3500 pounds.

The new 2020 trucks have a few great upgrades and even though I lost a bunch of money on this transaction I’m okay with that.
    Congrats on the new truck and extra payload. From what I've read, that 12,400 lb payload on the SRW is only available in the Long Bed version. Just putting this into the thread so anyone shopping for a Standard Bed Super Duty doesn't get confused.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaChris View Post
    Congrats on the new truck and extra payload. From what I've read, that 12,400 lb payload on the SRW is only available in the Long Bed version. Just putting this into the thread so anyone shopping for a Standard Bed Super Duty doesn't get confused.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Yes sir, thank you for pointing that out for others. I did notice that when I was looking around too.

With my momentum I wanted the long bed, the extra 16” of wheelbase and 18” of bed length is worth it in my book. Especially when you get that much needed payload without the extra two tires on the ground.

Keith
    2021 F350 CC LB
    DW, diesel, 4x4
    2020 Momentum 320G

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all,

I've been reading several forums and searching the net to see if my truck is able to safely pull my trailer. This weekend I weighed my truck and trailer together and then just the truck. Please see the attached photos of the weights and also the sticker from my truck. The trailer is pretty much empty I haven't put anything in it yet.

Can someone explain if I"m within the safe range for my truck. I don't really want to get a dually at this time if I don't have to.

I have a 2018 375 RES and the tow vehicle is a 2019 F350 SRW 4x4

Thanks

Attachment 24788
    Attachment 24789
    Attachment 24790

I wanted to share some information with you on some F350 weights.

I just traded off my 2019 F350 dually, LB, diesel, Lariat, 4x4 with a 14000 GVW. I weighed it last fall with a full tank of fuel, factory spray in bed liner, back flip cover, Ford fifth wheel hitch, aluminum tool box with various tools and stuff, me and my dog.

Front axle 5060
    Rear axle 4160
    Total 9220 leaving me 4780 more in pay load.

I just moved into a 2020 F350 SW, LB, diesel, platinum, 4x4 with 12,400 GVW and 4561 pounds of payload per the yellow sticker. All the same stuff from the dually was transferred over to the new truck, however the fifth wheel hitch is now a B&W. This truck does have the FX package along with all the goodies that come standard in the platinum. Neither truck has the big moon roof. So off I went to weigh it, I filled it up with fuel first, also had the dog and I in the truck at the time of weigh in.

Front axle 5160
    Rear axle 3860
    Total 9020 leaving me 3380 more in payload.

I thought for sure this truck would have been around 8800 pounds loaded with my stuff. However if you take the 12400 GVW and subtract the 4561 payload theoretically based on the number the empty truck should weigh 7839 pounds. So apparently 48 gallons of fuel at 6.943 a pound, hitch, tool box with stuff, rhino liner spray in bed liner, me and the dog all weigh in about 1,181 pounds.

Bottom line there is a lot of extra weight we put in our trucks even before we hitch them up to a trailer. I still have plenty of left over payload. I would say take 1000-1500 pounds off your payload sticker to have a better idea what is left for the trailer.

Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2828DF49-631A-424C-A1DD-3E8543680825.jpeg   9F7855E8-6317-4250-B87C-51B04A57982E.jpeg  
    Last edited by mostad; 02-22-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    2021 F350 CC LB
    DW, diesel, 4x4
    2020 Momentum 320G

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123