User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    LOL - that would never work with my wife. She would walk before she would do something she has her mind set not to do. I've tried that before with other things. It resulted in much silence around the hose for a long time. I think I might be able to convince her to drive around a local empty parking lot though. We'll see.
    I try to tell my wife that if something were to happen to me while we were out camping it would be important for her to be familiar with how to drive the trailer. I’ll be working on her some more this coming spring.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I am lucky I dont have a "other half". But if I did the answer would be NO,NO, and HELL NO!!!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife has been driving our 3500 dually and 348M 5ver ever since I helped teach her to drive it three years ago (with the exception of parking). Now she's doing that too.

If you ask her, that's HER truck, not mine and I'm okay with that. I have my toys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmfoch View Post
    My wife has been driving our 3500 dually and 348M 5ver ever since I helped teach her to drive it three years ago (with the exception of parking). Now she's doing that too.

If you ask her, that's HER truck, not mine and I'm okay with that. I have my toys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    That might be a good idea. If I start calling it her truck she might just want to control the driving more. But somehow I doubt it as long as the trailer is not connected to it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    That might be a good idea. If I start calling it her truck she might just want to control the driving more. But somehow I doubt it as long as the trailer is not connected to it.
    She claimed the truck almost as soon as we brought it home. She LOVES that truck. Good luck wherever the road takes you!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karen and I have both been retired for about 16 months. During that time we have spent about 8 months touring completing 4 trips, 3 of them cross country, logging about 7500 miles towing our 303rls. Karen likes her share of driving time. On our trip west last year our objective was to get from Pittsburgh PA directly to Coty WY. We plan and do travel approx. 500 miles per day. We stop for fuel and to switch drivers we stop for the night where we can ie. Walmart, Cabela's, Cracker Barrel, Sam's, etc. get an early start in the morning. I actually find navigating more of a challenge than driving. When navigating we use Gas Buddy or next exit to find fuel. Then Google Maps to look at satellite view to evaluate access for rigs and diesel pumps. The biggest advice for sharing the driving is 2 pieces of advice. 1) Get the proper truck for the job! It makes sharing the driving much easier. 350/3500 SRW or DRW if needed. Tow/Haul mode and engine brakes make a difference. 2) Plans are great, mostly they are wrong. Be flexible I've pulled over in rain short of an objective and never regretted it. Travel safe, I hope to see you along the trail.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmick35 View Post
    Karen and I have both been retired for about 16 months. During that time we have spent about 8 months touring completing 4 trips, 3 of them cross country, logging about 7500 miles towing our 303rls. Karen likes her share of driving time. On our trip west last year our objective was to get from Pittsburgh PA directly to Coty WY. We plan and do travel approx. 500 miles per day. We stop for fuel and to switch drivers we stop for the night where we can ie. Walmart, Cabela's, Cracker Barrel, Sam's, etc. get an early start in the morning. I actually find navigating more of a challenge than driving. When navigating we use Gas Buddy or next exit to find fuel. Then Google Maps to look at satellite view to evaluate access for rigs and diesel pumps. The biggest advice for sharing the driving is 2 pieces of advice. 1) Get the proper truck for the job! It makes sharing the driving much easier. 350/3500 SRW or DRW if needed. Tow/Haul mode and engine brakes make a difference. 2) Plans are great, mostly they are wrong. Be flexible I've pulled over in rain short of an objective and never regretted it. Travel safe, I hope to see you along the trail.
    Yeah - I tend to get irritated when this don't go to plan. DW then has the job of calming me down.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmick35 View Post
    I'm glad you shared your experience I hope soon I will be traveling however with Covid19 I have put off purchasing my 5th wheel and put my retirement plans on the back burner until things have settled down. I am so disappointed. I had my unit purchased March 13th and cancelled 13 days later when everything got worse. Please be safe. Settle down in one spot and social distance and hopefully we can eradicate this horrible virus.
    Case 24

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s all about comfort level and baby steps. I’m fortunate that my spouse loves trucks. She was eager to learn with me about all the stuff on our new truck.

Understanding tow/haul mode and compression brake buttons she found it really assisted her stopping the vehicle by itself.
    Then she moved on to pulling the 5er on highways, rest stop to rest stop. Now I am comfortable having a co pilot which allows me to rest while she is at the wheel.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarJohn View Post
    My husband taught me how to drive/tow our 5th wheel (our 3rd one). We are a team in hook up and tear down. He does the hitch, leveling and dump. I set the blocks, water and power. I also secure everything inside before pulling out.
    After 40 years together, we have it down.
    Happy travels!
    My wife and I are glad to see these kinds of statements. Most of the time we see the husbands doing all the work while the wives stand around doing nothing.
    My wife gets mad and says “look at her standing there, she’s on the wrong side, he can’t see her there...she’s completely useless.” Especially when it looks like the husband really needs a spotter. She’ll walk over and ask the driver “do you need a spotter? I’m good at it!”
    Lol
    She’s also not much for women being submissive and only doing the old fashioned roles like cooking and cleaning. She does everything I do and vice versa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast