User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Ouch! I am having to re-learn heights now that we have the 5er. Scary sometimes when you come up on a bridge that states it 11'6" and your rig is 12'3". Bridge height purposely understated by 1', I think in all states.
    Hey Bob, how 'bout when your clearance height is listed as 13'6" and you enter the Chesapeake Bay bridge/tunnel that clearly warns, No Vehicles Over 13'6"!!! That'll sure give you some pucker factor! Talk about demanding every bit of your attention in the process!

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gran Casita View Post
    Hey Bob, how 'bout when your clearance height is listed as 13'6" and you enter the Chesapeake Bay bridge/tunnel that clearly warns, No Vehicles Over 13'6"!!! That'll sure give you some pucker factor! Talk about demanding every bit of your attention in the process!
    Yeah that sure does cause the sweats - the one I mentioned last year was in either Buffalo or Niagara Falls. People behind me were not happy until I finally go moving again. I had to convince DW that here brothers and I had discussed bridge heights the night before. I have to say, I was not positive but I'll never tell her that!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=SGT ROC;289562]Ouch! I am having to re-learn heights now that we have the 5er. Scary sometimes when you come up on a bridge that states it 11'6" and your rig is 12'3". Bridge height purposely understated by 1', I think in all states.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on that.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caravan-crash.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	26035

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=livinthelife;289592]
    Ouch! I am having to re-learn heights now that we have the 5er. Scary sometimes when you come up on a bridge that states it 11'6" and your rig is 12'3". Bridge height purposely understated by 1', I think in all states.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't count on that.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caravan-crash.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	26035
    Yep - hence the pucker factor and going REALLY slow through the thing.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that sure does cause the sweats - the one I mentioned last year was in either Buffalo or Niagara Falls. People behind me were not happy until I finally go moving again. I had to convince DW that here brothers and I had discussed bridge heights the night before. I have to say, I was not positive but I'll never tell her that!
    That's funny! Yeah, the pucker factor totally kicked-in before I traveled through the Chesapeake, until I realized the key word "over" & decided to "trust" the engineers!

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

After a few years of trying, our plan of living in the 5th wheel while I work is finally starting to work out.

DW is doing great. In the last two weeks we have been at 5 different sites and she has done all the driving (while I move the helicopter). Most times I need to back it into the site, but her confidence is growing and soon, she may not let me drive anymore.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is still a big NO for moving the rig at all. She will drive the truck if she needs to, and even pulls our ATV's on a trailer with her car. As for the rig - nope.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife of almost 51 yrs has a hard time backing her Highlander under the carport to unload things. I've been trying to teach her how to handle the trailer when hooked up but she can barely make it to the front of the campground when we leave. Excellent cook so she can cook and I'll keep truckin' like I've been doing for over 50 yrs!!
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS

2017 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW...FX4...4.10's...White Gold/Caribou with Black interior. Curt Q20 hitch. BakFlip MX4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife grew up on a farm. She can drive anything and backs up a trailer like a pro! We fight over who gets to drive.

Also, I'm pretty sure if you made a "trained" comment in front of her you would learn that a farm girl would not be afraid to tell you she's "not a #$@ golden retriever!"
    Last edited by Timmer; 09-11-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS
    2015 Ford F350, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789