Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Their husbands both had to work all weekend, so they decided to hook up the trailer and have a nice weekend. At their age, yeah, I would have, too.
    N
    You're never to old for a ladies weekend.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    You're never to old for a ladies weekend.
    Marcy,

I wholeheartedly agree, they’re just a bit tamer now (probably won’t be navigating the St. Lawrence shipping lanes in a big old houseboat again)!!!!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have met a number of traveling nurses and widows that RV on their own. They have no spouses to train. Pretty impressive people.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell will freeze over before that happens in my territory! My wife will not even sit in the driver’s seat with the key in the ignition while hooked up. However, when comfy in the right hand seat she does a pretty good job of getting the rig where she thinks it should be.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    I have met a number of traveling nurses and widows that RV on their own. They have no spouses to train. Pretty impressive people.
    I fall into this group, do it all myself but no one to argue with can be a good or bad thing lol.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I tried to "train" my Alaska raised RN, my nuts would be hanging off my hitch. She did show me a thing or two about hitching, towing and driving in adverse conditions when we first met. I still defer to her when there is an unusual issue that I have not encountered before in our trips. Was in awe when she backed up our 32' into a space that still gives me chills.
    Last edited by Cahriad; 02-14-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! This is the Mrs. We are relatively new to the RV life, bought our first rig April 2019. And at this point I have no desire to tow it but that can change. Prior to getting our RV, the only thing we had to tow was a 10' utility trailer for our Harley. I have no problem driving our current TV but never with the Harley in tow. Not something I wanted to do. However, there was one instance when we brought the Harley home after getting new tires, that after he took the bike off the trailer to drive it up our narrow gravel drive, I surprised him as he was coming down the drive to back the truck & trailer up the drive, by backing the truck & trailer up the drive myself. It took a good bit of time, pulling forward several times, but I was able to do it. He remained back there allowing me to do so and would have taken over anytime if I indicated as such. I appreciated how patient he was and felt good about how I handled it. All this being said, we are in the process of selling our current TV and getting a bigger one. Yes, I plan to learn to drive it, and when I'm ready, I will learn to tow our RV too. As far as set up/take down, we do as some others. We both have tasks to perform and help each other when needed. We also go behind the other and double check things to make sure nothing has been forgotten/left undone. In our eyes, we decided to do this adventure together and so that's what we're going to do. We have dear friends that have done this for many years, and they also suggested we purchase the travel insurance to help in the event he become incapacitated; that is in our plans too.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife tows from time to time so that she has some practice. You never know when one partner or another may get hurt or incapacitated somehow, so I think it's important that she understands how to tow and is comfortable doing it.

With that said, 95% of the time when we're actually out though, I tow and she assists in every part of setup and break down (except the stinky slinky, somehow that task always seems to fall on me )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    My wife tows from time to time so that she has some practice. You never know when one partner or another may get hurt or incapacitated somehow, so I think it's important that she understands how to tow and is comfortable doing it.

With that said, 95% of the time when we're actually out though, I tow and she assists in every part of setup and break down (except the stinky slinky, somehow that task always seems to fall on me )
    Yep. When we're together it seems, he's the one who handles that job, but when he's at work (gone for weeks at a time) and I'm staying in the RV myself, I take care of that job too. Sometimes, you just do what you have to do.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We decided it was important for either of us to be able to do all the jobs that need doing. Just in case one of us becomes incapacitated or only one of us is around for some reason. Generally my wife handles the inside and I handle the outside including towing but from time to time we switch it around just to keep in touch.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast