User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confused, any advice?

Hello, new to the 5t wheel market. We have a 2020 Chevy 2500 High Country with puck system, picking up a Solitude 310GK end of February. Dry weight 12,300, GVWR 15,000 has a MORryde 1621HD pin box ( not roto). I had been doing extensive online research about hitches, decided on the Andersen Ultimate. Andersen says I need an additional plate for the king pin, I call MORryde, they said using the Andersen would Void Warranty but gave me the part number for the gooseneck adapter plate. I asked him if I bought the plate would that still void the warranty? He said that was a grey area & would have to talk to his supervisor.( waiting to hear back from them). Also talked to my RV dealer(they use Andersen sometimes) the parts manager said Grand Design does not support the AUH, GD recommends Reese, called GD, their rep said they can't make a recommendation on any type of hitch, I told him what my dealer said and he had no answer to that. So, after all this, my Question(s) , Is anyone using a newer model (OCT 2019-present)Morryde with AUH and if so did you put the gooseneck adapter on the MORryde. And does anyone have any idea about GD stance on the AUH?
    Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get the B&W and you will be fine. You can thank me later.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    Agreed - I considered the AUH but went with the B&W Companion Gooseneck-to-5th-Wheel Trailer Hitch (BWRVK3500). Great hitch - highly recommend it.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    +3 on the B&W. I think it's LCI that won't warranty the frame if you use the Anderson hitch.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are getting misinformation, as prior to our purchase of a 5th wheel, I called Grand Design and other 5th wheel manufacturers to inquire if the AUH would negatively affect the warranty and was told by all that the warranty would not be voided. Further ,a couple manufacturers told me installation of gooseneck adapters would in fact void the warranty. As to the adapter plate, it is for the Rotoflex, if you do not have the Rotoflex, you do not need the adapter plate, unless your king pin has a similar to Rotoflex movement plate, in which case the adapter may be different, so in that case I would verify with Anderson. Otherwise with a standard no frills kingpin, you would not need the AUH adapter that mounts between the AUH kingpin to AUH ball connector and is a separate purchase. The adapter plate is to prevent the Rotoflex movement that is beneficial for the standard hitches. We are very happy with the AUH with over 6500 miles of trouble free towing, if you get one you will not be disappointed. On a side note I hte to be the bearer of bad news, you may want to rethink your choice of the 310 GK or get a new truck, because the 310GK is too much trailer for a 3/4 ton truck because while a 3/4 ton truck can tow a 310GK, the pin weight will exceed the payload capacity of a 3/4 ton truck and that is before taking on passengers, gear accessories etc. in your truck.
    Last edited by BB&LAB; 02-11-2020 at 09:03 AM. Reason: content
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the B&W that fits into the 4-hole puck system on my RAM. It's more heavy that the Andersen and that would be it's only negative. The way it is built and the quality of the hitch itself will make you feel 100% confident hooking any 5th wheel to it and driving it down the highway.

I don't have any experience with the Andersen and it seems to have a lot of happy owners here in this forum. The B&W will cost you more, but you know the old saying.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually