User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the good information and input. I decided to go with the Demco and should be receiving it next week.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    av8er79,I do have a Pullrite Superglide for sale, that we used to tow our Solitude, however, we sold the truck (f250) and bought a new F350 with an 8 ft bed, therefore, no need for a slider hitch. I am asking $550 for the hitch.

Gerry

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerry,
    Will this fit my 2014 f350 superduty.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it will

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also trying to decide between the 2 hitches for my 2021 F250 6 3/4 box. Both can extend to over 18 inches which I am pleased with. My biggest concern is the king pin lock. I just purchased an expensive AMPlock for my new 295rls (that I haven`t picked up from the dealership as yet)and find out the capture plate on the Pullrite may interfere with the lock and that i would have to remove the capture plate every time I want to put the lock on. Does anyone have experience with King pin locks and the Pullrite. Am I going to have an issue and regret purchasing the Pullrite? Do all good quality king pin locks have issues with the pullrite arrangement? thank you

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the AMPLock and been very happy with it... but can’t comment on the use of a Capture plate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo View Post
    I am also trying to decide between the 2 hitches for my 2021 F250 6 3/4 box. Both can extend to over 18 inches which I am pleased with. My biggest concern is the king pin lock. I just purchased an expensive AMPlock for my new 295rls (that I haven`t picked up from the dealership as yet)and find out the capture plate on the Pullrite may interfere with the lock and that i would have to remove the capture plate every time I want to put the lock on. Does anyone have experience with King pin locks and the Pullrite. Am I going to have an issue and regret purchasing the Pullrite? Do all good quality king pin locks have issues with the pullrite arrangement? thank you
    I have a Pullrite 4400 and a capture plate on my Reflection 26RL. The Capture plate comes off and goes on in a few seconds. Probably as fast as you take off and on you AMPlock.
    I like my Pullrite and have had zero problems with it.

My 2-cents
    Kristin & John
    2018 Reflection 26RL "Tailwagger ", 4-100Ah SOK Batteries
    2021 F350 Lariat 7.3 CC SB SRW “Big Red”, Pullrite SuperLite 2600
    Previous
    2014 Montana Mountaineer 310RET
    2012 F350 XLT 6.2 CC SB SRW, Pullrite SuperGlide 4400

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob+Kath View Post
    Both are good hitches, I don't think you can go wrong here.
    For a slider to work automatically, it has to know when your turning,... hence the need for some type of adapter.
    I use the Demco because the adapter rails are on the hitch and not on the trailer. If I ever need to have the trailer towed or the service yard has to move it, it still has the standard set-up. Nothing to be removed (read: possibly screwed up).
    There is no plan for me to tow any other trailer with the truck so I am good to go.

The Demco has performed well so far, no complaints.

Rob.
    Rob (or anyone else), do you have to adjust the Demco 4 capture bar plate screws every time you want to hitch and unhitch. There is a youtube video showing this guy hitching up indicating you do. The reason I ask is that with the Pullrite wedge capture plate for my 150 series 295rl is interfering with my kingpin AMPlock. If I can`t lock the trailer with the Pullrite slider capture wedge, then I need to go with the Demco, but I don`t want to adjust the Demco capture plate every time I hitch up. Please let me know what everyone is doing. thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Set once.

Hi Alfredo;

Short answer is no, set and forget. (I do check them by hand for tightness before each trip).

I set the capture bars (one on each side of the hitch) when I originally bought the trailer. Never touched them after that, until..... I finally got good enough at hitching that I wanted to take out some of the excess slack that I had originally. I had too much of a gap between the bars and the trailer plate.

I hope I can explain this well enough...
    The bars can be set to have a gap at the high end of the recommended amount. I did this (plus a bit) to help with my inexperience in hitching up a fifth wheel. However, you create a situation where the hitch can be tipped a few degrees off of your actual position. You will then need to re-hitch at an angle other than the one your truck is moving. Think of it as crabbing into your king pin to line up.

One day I got frustrated and reset the gap to be as specified and it works fine. A great example of me out thinking myself.
    As a side note: I did set the bars to have a slight taper front to back. Wider at the point the trailer plate enters, by about 1/8" to 3/16" overall.

It work and works well.
    Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob+Kath View Post
    Hi Alfredo;

Short answer is no, set and forget. (I do check them by hand for tightness before each trip).

I set the capture bars (one on each side of the hitch) when I originally bought the trailer. Never touched them after that, until..... I finally got good enough at hitching that I wanted to take out some of the excess slack that I had originally. I had too much of a gap between the bars and the trailer plate.

I hope I can explain this well enough...
    The bars can be set to have a gap at the high end of the recommended amount. I did this (plus a bit) to help with my inexperience in hitching up a fifth wheel. However, you create a situation where the hitch can be tipped a few degrees off of your actual position. You will then need to re-hitch at an angle other than the one your truck is moving. Think of it as crabbing into your king pin to line up.

One day I got frustrated and reset the gap to be as specified and it works fine. A great example of me out thinking myself.
    As a side note: I did set the bars to have a slight taper front to back. Wider at the point the trailer plate enters, by about 1/8" to 3/16" overall.

It work and works well.
    Rob
    Thanks Rob that makes me feel a lot better. In addition the Demco has 3 height adjustments if necessary in the truck box

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast