User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullrite 2315 or Demco Demco Hijacker 18K?

I recently purchase a 2019 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS which will be pulled with a 2016 RAM mega cab short bed DRW. I have decided to purchase an auto slider hitch because:

1. I want the comfort of knowing that bashing my cab or trailer will be very unlikely.
    2. I do not want to buy a manual slider hitch and regret not spending the extra $500 or so for the hitch that I should have purchased in the first place.
    3. I plan on keeping this truck for sometime, so the initial cost for the auto slide is not a concern for the long term investment.

I have been reading up on both the Pullrite 2315 or Demco Hijacker 18K and cannot decide which one to get. I had almost decided on the Demco but have started to look more at the Pullrite. The Pullrite has a smaller footprint, is lighter, it requires no adapter rails, it accepts a Gooseneck Trailer Adapter, it has a higher towing capacity & it does not have those side adjustments on the top of the receiver hitch that the Demco has. I would like to hear from folks that has used one or both of these and what they like and do not like. If you have the exact same truck and trailer without an autoslider I would like to hear your throughts... If your truck and or trailer is different, please don't try to sell me a manual slider hitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a different set-up which I'm a fan of. We upgrade the Roto-Flex pin box to a Reese Elite Airborne Sidewinder to allow me to tow with my RAM 2500 diesel 6.5 foot bed with the B&W Companion fixed hitch. The only downside is that you have to back straight into the pin box at hook-up because of the "wedge", but you can move the pin box to whatever angle you want at hook-up I found the turning radii and maneuverability to be very flexibly. Also, you will have a "wedge" on the Pullrite too. The Demco I believe has the plate that you screw tight to capture the pin box sides which makes straight in alignment more forgiving. Either way you have to do something, precise alignment or tightening the screws on the Demco.

I was in the same dilemma when we traded our previous 5th wheel for the 310GK because the older 5th wheel had the Turning Point pin box and I already had the truck and B&W hitch. So I looked at keeping the stock Roto-Flex pin box on the 310GK and getting a new auto-slider hitch or changing to the Reese pin box. Both options were costing me about $1800, so, I opted for the Reese pin box because it really was an upgrade due to it having an air bag/shock inside the pin box for damping.

Bottom line you want an auto-slider hitch or change the pin box to the Reese Airborne Sidewinder. If I was going to change the hitch, I was going with the Pullrite.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_143646.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	24792
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_161758.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	24793
    Last edited by Grand Rocky; 02-10-2020 at 06:34 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had both the Pullrite and now have the Decmo. I got a Demo this time because at the time Pullrite didn't have anything that fit my puck system. I think they do now.

I think the Pullrite hitched easier in that I had some initial learning curve hitching the Demco, but I've overcome that issue. Both require you to be pretty straight with truck-to-RV alignment; I can move the Demco head a bit if I think I need to line it up.

With the Demo you don't have to modify the pin box (unless you change it to a MorRyde, in which case you have to bolt on their adapter plate (easy to do) and you can remove the guide plates on the Demco hitch).

With the Pullrite you have to drill and tap the pin box to install their baseplate adapter (at least they did when I owned mine several years ago).

I don't recall the weight being much different. Both work(ed) well. I'm kind of partial to the Demco now.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look into the B&W Companion. Best locking jaws I have seen of any of the hitches on the market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Demco autoslide 13k I like the better pin latch on the Demco over the pull rite.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    2019 Reflection 29RS
    2019 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Bighorn Night Edition

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Reese Airborne Sidewinder and B&W Companion (fixed) combo mentioned above by Grand Rocky. The B&W is just such a good hitch, and the fixed version is light enough to be removable when needed.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was struggling with the same decision. Demco Hijacker or PullRite 2315.

I actually ordered the Demco, and then changed my mind. I can't tell you why I did, but I had never heard of Demco and was worried because I couldn't find much other than company literature. I too posted questions on various forums, asking about opinions of Demco, and got little to no feedback. So, changed my mind, bought the Pullrite. And then, about a month later, it seemed like every day I was seeing posts about Demco.. and positive ones.

I am extremely happy with my Pullrite. It was a few bucks more than the Demco. But, the drawback certainly is the capture plate has to be installed on the pin, whereas Demco it is part of the hitch and if I recall, adjustable so no specific capture plate.

At the end of the day, either one should serve you just fine. I'd probably opt for Demco, if for no other reason, the capture plate solution.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are good hitches, I don't think you can go wrong here.
    For a slider to work automatically, it has to know when your turning,... hence the need for some type of adapter.
    I use the Demco because the adapter rails are on the hitch and not on the trailer. If I ever need to have the trailer towed or the service yard has to move it, it still has the standard set-up. Nothing to be removed (read: possibly screwed up).
    There is no plan for me to tow any other trailer with the truck so I am good to go.

The Demco has performed well so far, no complaints.

Rob.
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Pullrite Superglide and we like it very much.

It does require an adapter on the trailer pin box but it is a bolt on device and does not require any modifications to the trailer. If/when you want to pull the trailer with a conventional hitch it takes about 30 seconds to remove with a 1/4" allen wrench and the trailer is back to stock.

My favorite part of the Superglide is simply not worrying about turning radius anymore. While I haven't had to back in at 90*, I have had to make some tight turns going forward. Peace of mind is worth a lot.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are quality products with excellent support. I had a Demco highjacker on my F350 and was great. The largest difference that I found was the Demco has an adjustable height head and I preferred the Demco jaws where are an excellent design - very positive wrap-around lock-up, with an additional locking cross-bar. Never noticed any chucking, easy maintenance and found their customer service to be excellent. The one thing I did find was that if you stopped in a turn (which means the gears are engaged), you really wanted to ease back into throttle - if you stomped on it you will get a fairly good jerk as the turning mechanism came back into place. Took all of about two times to figure out what to do and no issues after that.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast