User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GD Imagine 2670 MK

We are picking up our 2017 GDI 2670 MK on Februrary 17, 2020.
    Looking forward to some camping.
    Trading in a KZ Coyote that we used for three years.

We pull with a 2009 Ford F150 5.4L Triton
    We are mostly weekend campers.
    Last edited by Jim and Meresa; 02-10-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. If you have questions, someone here can answer them. Enjoy the new to you rig!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Same year as mine!
    Call Grand Design with the VIN, and verify that the two recalls have been repaired - one for screws snapping off of the slide-outs (and therefore possibly have the slides deploy when traveling!), and the other for improper connectors used in the wiring of the air conditioner.
    Mid-way into that model year production, they changed brakes. Crawl under and look at the serial number on the axel. If it has "SA" in it, you have self adjusting brakes. If not, you don't - so will have to manually adjust them every 3,000 miles. If desired, you can upgrade to Lippert's "Forward Adjusting" brakes.
    On mine, wires going to the brakes on one side were too loose and floppy, so rubbed on the inside of the wheel. Potential "no brake" if they wear through. It was an easy zip-tie change to make sure they couldn't do that. And finally, the wire/gas line bundle going into the underside of the kitchen slide needed additional slack. Easy to adjust, the hard part was finding more of the rubber sealant used on the entry holes (I had the dealer caulk it, because I had them do the brake mod also).
    Check tongue weight - mine was way too light on the tongue (10.5%) and I got sway. It really need lots of weight up front to get to the 12-13% range to stop it.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sande005,
    Thanks for the information. It is good information and I will check. I am pretty sure the recalls have been done but will verify.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    We're picking up our 2017 2670MK. Unlike you, we're new to this, and we'll be full time after this virus has run its course and things return to normal. Towing with a 2018 Silverado 1500 that's had some upgrades to the suspension to help carry the weight better (hopefully..we'll see when we pick it up.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info on the recalls Sande005...I'll check those out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone,
    Tire question...we bought our 2017 2670MK last December and it's been in storage since then at the dealership 3 hours south of here. I neglected to get the tire size and the dealership is closed. It still has the factory rims so I'm assuming the tires are original... it appears the previous owner towed it very little because there's almost not tread wear. However, I want to change them because I don't know their history. Can anyone tell me the size tire this came stock with?
    Thanks and be safe!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire Size

Quote Originally Posted by BobFrench View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Tire question...we bought our 2017 2670MK last December and it's been in storage since then at the dealership 3 hours south of here. I neglected to get the tire size and the dealership is closed. It still has the factory rims so I'm assuming the tires are original... it appears the previous owner towed it very little because there's almost not tread wear. However, I want to change them because I don't know their history. Can anyone tell me the size tire this came stock with?
    Thanks and be safe!
    Mine are original tires and they are:

ST225/75R15
    117/112L
    Speed Rating: L 75 MPH
    JimandMeresa
    2016 Chevy 2500
    2017 Imagine 2670 MK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobFrench View Post
    Hi,
    We're picking up our 2017 2670MK. Unlike you, we're new to this, and we'll be full time after this virus has run its course and things return to normal. Towing with a 2018 Silverado 1500 that's had some upgrades to the suspension to help carry the weight better (hopefully..we'll see when we pick it up.)
    I have a 2020 2670MK and need to upgrade my truck before we leave Washington. I traded in our old one and got the new one while we were out here and had time to truck shop before we leave. What upgrades have you had to your Silverado and what's your towing capacity and payload? I am going back and forth between a 3/4 ton most likely a gasser GMC or a F150 if I can find used with the max tow package.
    2020 Imagine Mk2670
    Tow vehicle - 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6L Gas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Crawl under and look at the serial number on the axel. If it has "SA" in it, you have self adjusting brakes. If not, you don't - so will have to manually adjust them every 3,000 miles. If desired, you can upgrade to Lippert's "Forward Adjusting" brakes.
    I just got done repacking the bearings and adjusting the brakes on my 2020 2670MK. The brakes don't have any self adjusting mechanism. I did some research - lots of confusion on forums as I think that some of the fifth wheel units may come with brakes that are self adjusting but I don't think the Imagine series has ever (?) had them standard. Not sure about that but I know that the 10 inch brakes on my Dexter 4400 lbs axles do not have them. The brakes needed adjustment - first time they have been done and it has been driven 3,000 miles since new. Also, I was surprised that the adjustment holes in the backing plate (two per wheel) did not have any rubber plugs so I bought 8 of them at Napa and installed.

Link follows -

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/UBP8...ing+hole+cover
    Last edited by Buckaroo; 05-17-2020 at 07:34 AM.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast