User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member Jerry & Barbara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane quick connect for BBQ

I am sure this has been addressed before, but I could not find my answer. We have a 2017 Reflection 303rls. The unit came with a quick propane quick connect for BBQ etc. I recently bought a portable BBQ grill for that purpose. What do I need, to be able to connect the grill to the quick connect? Do I need to remove the regulator from the grill in order to use it?
    Jerry & Barbara
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F-250 Lariat 6.7 Short bed SRW 4X4

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry & Barbara View Post
    I am sure this has been addressed before, but I could not find my answer. We have a 2017 Reflection 303rls. The unit came with a quick propane quick connect for BBQ etc. I recently bought a portable BBQ grill for that purpose. What do I need, to be able to connect the grill to the quick connect? Do I need to remove the regulator from the grill in order to use it?
    J&B,

Yes, you must remove the new grill’s regulator. After that, it’s just a matter of assembling the correct size connections and a hose of your choice (lengthwise). The grill manufacturer may offer a conversion kit, or you can find parts at a hardware store. We converted an old original Weber Q, and wrote about it here. With its regulator gone it works far better hooked to our trailer than it ever did on our deck. If you tell the model of your new grill possibly someone here has already done the conversion and can point you to the correct parts you need. Happy grillin’!
    N
    P.S. someone reminded me to get the yellow (propane) Teflon tape!
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Got this one. It replaces the regulator. That had the on off Control on it. Works great! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200211-100622_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	24802

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2017 F350 SRW CCSB
    2020 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Jerry & Barbara I bought a kit at General RV about two years ago for about $70. It included hose and fittings, required the removal of the regulator from our grill but unlike Wxbee320 we didn’t need a new part, just took out the regulator and installed a provided fitting in its place, preserving the original starter and flow control knob of the grill. Works great.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out http://propanegear.com . A little pricey at first glance. But, after running all around town piecing all the parts together, it starts looking more like a better deal. If you own some of the big name brands like Weber, Blackstone, etc., they already have kits made up. You can also contact them and they will set you up........Good Luck.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Fireside Member Jerry & Barbara's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Thats pretty much what I thought. Ill look for the parts I need today.
    Jerry & Barbara
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F-250 Lariat 6.7 Short bed SRW 4X4

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry & Barbara View Post
    With my Blackstone grill I did remove the regulator, there is one in place already you don't want or need another. I just got a hose to allow me to place the grill under the awning and away from the trailer. 8' to 12' hose is good. For less than $20 you could be grilling like a pro. Do a search with these parameters and find one you like:

quick connect x 3/8 flare 10' propane hose
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went crazy on Amazon. Got this one to go with the new adapter for grill. Ask me how long it took to realize I was double regulated and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting gas! Oye! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200213-193811_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	24836

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2017 F350 SRW CCSB
    2020 Reflection 31MB

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    J&B,

Yes, you must remove the new grill’s regulator. After that, it’s just a matter of assembling the correct size connections and a hose of your choice (lengthwise). The grill manufacturer may offer a conversion kit, or you can find parts at a hardware store. We converted an old original Weber Q, and wrote about it here. With its regulator gone it works far better hooked to our trailer than it ever did on our deck. If you tell the model of your new grill possibly someone here has already done the conversion and can point you to the correct parts you need. Happy grillin’!
    N
    P.S. someone reminded me to get the yellow (propane) Teflon tape!
    This is spot on. Exactly what I did to convert a Coleman Roadtrip grill. Easy to do. I bought a 10’ hose and fittings as needed. I typically keep the grill under the awning area but well away from the RV. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “ I typically keep the grill under the awning area but well away from the RV. Good luck!”

^^^Exactly!
    Thanks
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast