User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe the OP question revolved around how to remove the vent. On the owner's forum a responder posted the GD part number and parts list but it didn't have any instructions. Looking at them, I have adjustable in the motorhome, I would guess the trim ring pops off and the base with the fixed or adjustable louvers is attached with screws. Knowing how many tabs on the ring would be helpful.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    Would like to replace the OEM round white vents with ones that are more adjustable and can be closed off.
    1) how are these measured for accurate sourcing and ordering? Mine are 6.5” OD. I cannot get the ID measurement because of #2 below.
    2) what is the best way to remove the current OEM models? Are they snapped in? They seem to be installed VERY tight against the ceiling and I can’t get them out.
    3) Has anyone found a good location to order them? I don’t see any 6.5” OD options on Amazon.

Any / All advice and suggestions greatly appreciated.
    I replaced the non closable vents in my 2017 316RLTS with closable units. I now have a 2020 and these vents appear to be the same. I used these https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0095TEF...v_ov_lig_dp_it

As Chunker said, the louvered part of the vent is removable leaving the base which is screwed to the ceiling. It will pry out. No need to remove the base. Remove the closable trim from the new unit and snap into the old base.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great! i really appreciate your help, thanks again!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you pry with a screwdriver or two or can you describe the procedure you used? I gave a test try to pry and didn’t want to risk making any more marks on the ceiling. Is there a special McGiver type method you can recommend? TY in advance.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you pry with a screwdriver or two or can you describe the procedure you used? I gave a test try to pry and didn’t want to risk making any more marks on the ceiling. Is there a special McGiver type method you can recommend? TY in advance.
    It's been a couple of years since I did this. I remember they were hard to remove. Try putting a finger in the louver and pulling down to separate it from the base, then put a screwdriver or metal putty knife between the base and the louvers and go from there. You can look at the photo at Amazon and see what I'm talking about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok good deal, thanks.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to replace the OEM round white vents with ones that are more adjustable and can be closed off.
    1) how are these measured for accurate sourcing and ordering? Mine are 6.5” OD. I cannot get the ID measurement because of #2 below.
    2) what is the best way to remove the current OEM models? Are they snapped in? They seem to be installed VERY tight against the ceiling and I can’t get them out.
    3) Has anyone found a good location to order them? I don’t see any 6.5” OD options on Amazon.

Any / All advice and suggestions greatly appreciated.
    I have a 2018 351M. The bedroom vents are close able and the two in the garage were close able. There is just the two of us so no one sleeping in the garage. I swapped the close able vents from garage to the L/R and pointed them at the super sofa and now how a nice flow of the cool AC from the vents. ( We live in Florida) The vent part just pops off/on the ceiling installed base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    I suggest you register and go on the Grand Design owner's forum. It is owned by GD and factory reps respond to questions.

I tried to post the link but this forum's automatic censor disallowed it. It's the secure version of https with a couple of forward slashes and gdrv owners and a dot com.

https://
    Per our community policy, please do not mention the other forum. If you would like to understand why, please read this discussion: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/23897-Announcement-about-our-name-change?p=237174&viewfull=1#post237174
    .com
    gotcha, thank you
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solution! (imagine 2250RK)

I ordered an adjustable ceiling vent polar white .25 collar. Part nbr ACG25DPW-A and it fit perfectly.

I believe I went through Amazon but you can go direct: rockymountainrvparts.com or [email protected] if you want to.
    Sold at Amazon under JR Products.

$12.83 ea including shipping to FL.

I followed the removal and install instructions provided in this thread and with a littl effort, wiggle, and jiggle it worked well.

I think the install instructions were provided by chiefblueman

Good luck.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12