User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the deal. First I am glad you are ok. Ya that wind never stopped blowing here in Livermore. It was brutal
    Now for the RV. The insurance guy will probably total the RV because it may not be safe to tow it home to Michigan. It sounds without photos like there is going to be lots of hidden damage. DON'T try to look for damage or anything. Leave all that to the adjuster. He will know what he is looking for. They have trained investigators for RV's. They may total the truck as well. Without pictures it's a guess. I had a Durango and I hit a deer. The car/truck had some front end damage but wasn't a total loss but because I was in Colorado and not at home they totaled my Durango. I was so pi**ed. I took such good care of it. Your case may be the same. It would take so long to put you and the wife up in a hotel that they will cut there losses and send you home with a check and a rental. Again DON'T investigate any damage yourself. That could void your insurance because they may say you caused additional damage even if you didn't. You can bet they don't want to write a $150,000 check for damages.
    I cant stress this enough, Don't try to look for any damage. Let the insurance do it. They will; send a guy familiar with RV's

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about this, but I'm glad everyone is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    Again DON'T investigate any damage yourself. That could void your insurance because they may say you caused additional damage even if you didn't.
    I never thought of it that way but I think he's right.

Insert sad camper face here...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the tripod was bent, then the following have to be considered:

-If the front jacks appear in tact, then the front z-frame got wrecked to transfer that much force to the tripod and not impact the jacks
    -The pinbox/frame attachement had to get hammered and is likely compromised
    -The front jacks may be damaged as well as the framed area they attach to
    -The trailer side walls are probably wrecked, the trailer is NOT made to take heavy load/blow from the top
    -The roof structure/framing is likely compromised and would need to be rebuilt - along with a whole new roof

I would have an extremely hard time trusting that trailer to be safe and waterproof unless GD pretty much rebuilt the whole thing
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the bad luck. I hope they total the rig. If not, the only place I would want it repaired would be the factory.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates on the truck or RV ?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IF the adjuster is pushing you to accept his/her evaluation of the repair and sign off on it, refuse. If they decide not to total insist they agree in writing to repair ALL damages found during the repair process and pay ALL expenses related to that repair.

Hopefully you have a good insurance company and you selected that company based on quality of service NOT because of catchy commercials and lowest internet price.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    no pics?????????

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let the insurance company figure that out. Grand Design should also be able to help you. Vern

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call around and speak to some frame shops. They can advise you whether they work on RV's or not and refer you you too one who does. A good frame shop can evaluate it and determine the extent of damage. Voice your concerns to your claim adjuster and see if f they agree to paying for that service.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, glad no one was injured.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12