User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Eric P

Major problems with refrig

I have a 2015 337RLS and the refrig on the max setting only cools down to 38. I have talked to the dealer and they tell me that is within the guidelines for the mfg of the unit. From what I see on face book and here there are a lot of people with this same problem can you tell me what you are doing to solve this problem. If I had my choice I would go back to the dealer and have them change the unit from my old trade in with the unit in my new unit. This is not a good thing when on warm days you end up drinking warm milk and can not keep things cold. Almost to the point of thinking of trading in a 6 month old unit for something different. The wife is not a happy camper.

Also not happy with the plastic kitchen and bathroom faucets. You spend a lot of money to purchase a new 5th wheel to find out the first time you go to use the kitchen faucet it falls apart in 4-5 sections and water goes everywhere but the sink. You have to us 2 hands to move it from one sink to the other. You have a great product but you cheep out in the wrong places. When we start camping again my first stop is to the home store to purchase new faucets. I am not happy.
    Last edited by Eric P; 12-14-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you contacted the frig manufacture on your problem? When looking at unit before buying did you not look at faucets and see design of them? Have you contacted dealership or GD on your faucet problem? The reason I say this I have a plastic one in one bathroom and asked why it was not like the other two in unit and was told one reason is weight. I kinda thought one faucet would not cause a weight problem. But started thinking, put a lot of little things together it can cause weight issues. Especially when your trying to keep weight down. Hootie

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric P View Post
    I have a 2015 337RLS and the refrig on the max setting only cools down to 38. I have talked to the dealer and they tell me that is within the guidelines for the mfg of the unit. From what I see on face book and here there are a lot of people with this same problem can you tell me what you are doing to solve this problem. If I had my choice I would go back to the dealer and have them change the unit from my old trade in with the unit in my new unit. This is not a good thing when on warm days you end up drinking warm milk and can not keep things cold. Almost to the point of thinking of trading in a 6 month old unit for something different. The wife is not a happy camper.

Also not happy with the plastic kitchen and bathroom faucets. You spend a lot of money to purchase a new 5th wheel to find out the first time you go to use the kitchen faucet it falls apart in 4-5 sections and water goes everywhere but the sink. You have to us 2 hands to move it from one sink to the other. You have a great product but you cheep out in the wrong places. When we start camping again my first stop is to the home store to purchase new faucets. I am not happy.
    Hi @Eric P,

Not sure if you quoted correctly; however, 38°F (6 degrees over freezing) is an acceptable temperature well within the range of an RV refrigerator. If your refrigerator is unable to hold this temp in high heat conditions, it may need to be serviced. On the faucets, please be sure to send us your receipts for the replacements so we can refund you up to the value of the faucets we originally installed in your unit.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric P View Post
    You have to us 2 hands to move it from one sink to the other.
    I had the same problem and tried various different lubricants on the base of the faucet . . . without solving the problem.
    There are two rubber O rings at this connection, but it does not have to be a watertight. The internal hose to the sprayer carries the water.
    So, I took out one of the O rings. Problem solved.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Eric P
    We had the service person come out to the trailer to look at the problem and he tells us the same thing. He could only come Monday - Friday when we were not there so when he did show it the frig had not been opened for 2 days so it would be cold. The response is bring it in for service and we will look at it. It is stored at the dealer now so in the spring I will have them look at it but unless they have someone open it now and than like it is being used we will never get the problem fixed. I have also been told to run it on gas to see if that helps don't know what that will tell me. I will double check with my wife to make sure I am telling you the correct temp.
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRV Customer Service View Post
    Hi @Eric P,

Not sure if you quoted correctly; however, 38°F (6 degrees over freezing) is an acceptable temperature well within the range of an RV refrigerator. If your refrigerator is unable to hold this temp in high heat conditions, it may need to be serviced. On the faucets, please be sure to send us your receipts for the replacements so we can refund you up to the value of the faucets we originally installed in your unit.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice