User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stabilizing Platforms

We have a new Imagine 2600RB we're getting ready for our first season of RVing. I'm trying to figure out what others use for the 4 corner stabilizers when setting up. During the dealer set up and walk around, he said be sure not to extend them all the way out. So I'm thinking we'll need something with a little height to them. I don't want to add a lot of weight in wood, but thinking 1 X somethings should do it. Thoughts?

Thanks from a Newbie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the LEGO blocks that come 10 to a pack. Ours came from Wally World.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    We use the LEGO blocks that come 10 to a pack. Ours came from Wally World.
    I had the same question and was thinking the same. With 10 you get 2 x 4 for the leveling Jacks and 2 for the tongue jack.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly! Been working just that way for us for two years now. Keep it simple. I do carry an extra 10 pack because 1) they will crack and/or bend eventually and 2) They can be used under the tires for leveling also and 3) occasionally I’ll need to use three rather than one or two at the corners or under the front jack for a variety of reasons. Better to have (they don’t weigh enough to matter) and not need than to need and not have. Happy Camping!
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KPEC1151 View Post
    We have a new Imagine 2600RB we're getting ready for our first season of RVing. I'm trying to figure out what others use for the 4 corner stabilizers when setting up. During the dealer set up and walk around, he said be sure not to extend them all the way out. So I'm thinking we'll need something with a little height to them. I don't want to add a lot of weight in wood, but thinking 1 X somethings should do it. Thoughts?

Thanks from a Newbie.
    We use a combo of the stackable plastic blocks and 8”-10” lengths of 2x8. We never put the waffle blocks directly on grass, nor do we put the wooden pieces directly on gravel. The many holes in the plastic blocks will fill up with mud and a hose won’t remove it-makes a big mess in the pass-through. If you put the 2x lumber pieces on gravel, they tend to roll and shift. If you have a combination, you can adjust for whatever surface your site throws at you. And yes, the trailer feels much more stable if you can keep the stabilizers low. If extended too far, they’ll drop on you without warning and you’ll think there’s an earthquake!
    N
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the suggestions and feedback. I can see putting a 2 X 8 1st and then the LEGO blocks. I can see having to keep knocking dirt, mud and other stuff using the LEGO's on the ground.
    Last edited by KPEC1151; 02-17-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a little bit of horse stall mat left over from when I got a piece to put under my Andersen hitch, to protect my truck bed. I’ve used the lego blocks (have two sets), and had to clean the mud out of the openings. I’m going to cut a few slightly oversized pieces to to under the lego blocks. I think they will take care of both the mud and gravel issues. They’ll be small and light enough to just put in with the lego blocks for storage, and be available when needed.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a stack of the lego blocks mentioned above. I also carry six sections of 4"x 6" which is our default (1 each) under each stabilizer.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired