User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Needed... Water Pump Issued

New member here and I'm experiencing some water pump issues on my 2019 Reflection 337RLS that hopefully someone can help with.
    Water pump/system had worked fine until now while currently dry-camping at the Daytona 500. I'm using an aux 35 gallon water tank to add water to our unit via the "Winterize Siphon to Tank via Pump" valve settings. The water siphons in fine, about 10 minutes for the 35 gallons but now I keep having issues with the pump after returning the valves to the "Dry Camping" mode. First time I had an issue the water pump would just stop in the middle of using it, fuses etc all fine, and would start working again a short time later. I checked the pump filter (spotless), but the motor was warm so I figured possibly it overheated, tripped and internal safety on the pump and then reset when the pump cooled. Next time I added water it worked fine at first but then the pump would run continuously and not shut off. I'm thinking it was air trapped in the system that finally worked its way out after depressing the check valve(?) in the fresh water inlet fitting. After that it worked fine for a shower and several toilet flushes but is now back to running continuously whenever the pump switch is on and I haven't added any more water. Sounds like air in the system but I can't find any leaks after checking all of the fittings at the rats nest of valves behind the handles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sparky

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure the city water connection is capped. It may be sucking air.

It may also be a dislodged O ring in the control valves allowing air into the system.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks... Yesterday I ran water through all of the lines including the washer hookups (which are a P.I.A. to get to) in the bedroom closet and finally got the pump to shut off after a second or two of turning off any faucet. We used the system all day yesterday, showers, dishwashing, toilet and it worked fine. Today after sitting all night the pump is back to continuously running when the switch is on and no faucets open... getting very frustrated. I believe it must be a problem with one of the selector valves but don't see any evidence of one that might be leaking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just went camping this weekend and mine did the same thing after winter. I have to run the shower on hot to get the prime and then it shuts off. maybe need a new pump need help also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're experiencing similar issues with ours so we'll be following this post for potential solutions/fixes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @IBEW Sparky, it sounds like you're doing all the right things. It's really important to get the air out of the entire system, try to get un-sputtering flow from every outlet including the washer lines.

Even then, your troubles may be the pump rather than anything you're doing or overlooking. Our 2018 Reflection's pump was VERY reluctant to suck anti-freeze when it was used for the first time in winterizing the trailer. I used every trick I could find online, and minutes of patience waiting for it to build pressure, before it finally started working weakly. Our 2018 Solitude's never-used water pump refused to suck antifreeze no matter what I did.

Those yellow Lippert pumps are cheap junk IMO.

Even though still under warranty at the time I bought the SHURflo 4008-101-E65 pump rather than get a replacement junk Lippert pump from Grand Design. From the moment I turned it on it sucked anti-freeze like a champ and has worked well since then through a few short-term dry-camps and another winterization.

I wanted to give you the Amazon link for it but that pump isn't available there anymore... probably replaced with a later model. Here's a spec sheet for it.

https://www.hannarv.com/Content/file...Data-Sheet.pdf

If you find a Shurflo pump with similar specs it will likely end your troubles. Installation was plug-and-play easy.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch