User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Backup Camera — No signal

I have no signal from my rear camera... but only when I’m unplugged from campground power. Camera works fine while I’m plugged.

Exterior trailer lights lights all work fine, turning TV lights on & off has no impact. This is the only item which stops working when I disconnect the 50 amp & switch to vehicle/battery power. Tried a couple of times so we know the camera/monitor is paired and works but

plug in camp power — camera on
    unplug — no camera

[camera - Furrion Vision S (rear camera, powered all the time... normally)]
    Jo & Susan
    2018 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorozier9 View Post
    I have no signal from my rear camera... but only when I’m unplugged from campground power. Camera works fine while I’m plugged.
    Do the interior lights (e.g. ceiling) work when you are unplugged? If not it sounds like you have a 12 volt problem. Make sure the shutoff switch in the pass-through is turned on.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallBoxMaker View Post
    Make sure the shutoff switch in the pass-through is turned on.
    @SmallBoxMaker that appears to have been the problem, checked in the front storage bay and voilà, the disconnect switch was off. Turned it on, checked my camera with camp power off, works like a champ now. We’ve done a lot of storage rearranging recently and think that is when we knocked it off. Thank-you!
    Jo & Susan
    2018 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Semper Fi and welcome to the forum.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you do have to have your battery disconnect switch in the connected position or the camera will not function.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jorozier9 View Post
    @SmallBoxMaker that appears to have been the problem, checked in the front storage bay and voilà, the disconnect switch was off. Turned it on, checked my camera with camp power off, works like a champ now. We’ve done a lot of storage rearranging recently and think that is when we knocked it off. Thank-you!
    Just a suggestion. Change the power wire from whatever/wherever it is connected, to the clearance light. That way it is not constantly on with power. Then just turn your lights on to power up.
    This will save battery draw when boon docking or storage.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar