User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 2600rb brake question

Just can't seem to find this answer and the manual is very confusing. The manual gives 3 different recommendations about adjusting the brakes

1. Beginning of the manual it says adjust the brakes after 1,000 miles or approximately 50 hard stops.

2. Towards the end of the manual it says to adjust the brakes after 200 miles.

3. Maintenance schedule at end of the manual says nothing about adjusting brakes only inspect annually.

Do I have the Dexter nev-r-adjust brakes? Do my brakes need a manual adjust and if so when?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brakes were way out of adjustment when the trailer was new. Now I adjust them once a year during the bearing repack session.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest you defer to Dexter's recommendations regarding adjustment and maintenance of axles and associated components, rather than trying to determine clarity from the Grand Design documentation.

You can contact Dexter with the serial numbers for your axles, and they will tell you what type of brakes you have. Our 2018 Imagine has manual adjust brakes.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch