User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lithium Battery Kit????

I've been considering upgrading TT battery and possibly adding solar, so I've been doing a bit a research on the web. Well I stumbled upon this video where this guy builds a 12 Volt Lithium Ion battery using individual cells and a "kit" from Batteryblocks.com. Well I thought that I should share the video with you all, even if it is a tad boring.

They claim that a 12V 96 amp-hour battery can be put together for $450 including their kit and lithium cells (not sure if that include a controller), which is about half the cost of a manufactured battery. Their web page is https://batteryblocs.com/groceries/b...6650-12-volts/ and the video can be found on Youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNvm4toOwqI&t=3s.

I'm not saying that I'm going to do this, but the idea is interesting even if the video is the cure for insomnia.

Has anyone done this type of thing? What are your thoughts.

Bob

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built my own for about that price, but I used prismatic cells (105Ah cells, 2p 4s) and wired up a BMS. It's been working great for over a year now, I love it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the key is to be sure you have a good BMS (battery management system) and the proper charger/converter for the best protection and utilization of your investment.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears