Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt that the Reflection series really has the room for an onboard generator like an Onan. You also have to consider the routing of the exhaust pipes.

I'm considering going with a 3000 watt inverter generator to be mounted in a large aluminum tool chest on a 500 lb. cargo carrier. The carrier would go on the rear bumper with two 2" receivers--all lockable.

I just prefer to have anything running a gasoline engine to be far away from where I'm sleeping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WE ordered our solitude a couple weeks ago, we paid an extra $800.00 for the trailer to be generator ready. I can buy a new Onan 4 KW for $4100.00. These are rated at 3.6 KW on propane. It will run one a/c just fine and power to spare. There is a place just outside of Salt Lake City that sells used reconditioned Onans for a good price. Either way I will install it myself. My toy hauler I just sold had a 4 KW we used all the time. It was fairly quit with a slight vibration. but if your watching a movie will its raining you don't notice.
    Dave and Darlene
    West Jordan Utah
    2015 Solitude 379 FL

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It sounds more and more like I may have to change my thinking on this although I would be surprised if it couldn't be fitted with one. I've seen one in even my 5th wheel! I know they will fit in the Montana HC trailers. I just didn't think it would be that expensive. Now I wonder if I could just carry them in the storage compartment? Not run them, just carry them. I just had a custom rack built using 3 - 2" receivers on my trailer to carry my 2 Honda EU2000 inverter generators and a bike rack. I surely don't want to do that again and I don't really want to hang another 2-3 ft off the rear as this trailer is already 3 feet longer than mine

Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I just prefer to have anything running a gasoline engine to be far away from where I'm sleeping.
    I understand that fear, but we do have two 30# propane tanks sitting under the front room. Those blow up!!! I even saw a toy hauler with no generator in the front and nothing turned on, sitting on the side of the road for sale. Well some how it caught fire and was a total loss. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	1138
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Traveling Piper
    I was wondering what size inverter comes on the 350. Anyone know?

Long Ride
    I understand the Atwood Command AC will run on a Honda/Yamaha 2000i. Can anyone confirm this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a 2015 Solitude 379FL off the lot at General RV. It did not have the generator prep. I had them install an Onan 5000 propane generator in the front compartment. It fit nicely. The start button was installed on the front of the kitchen island. Inside the trailer you can hardly hear it.
    Jeff & Nancy Smith
    Taylorsville, Utah
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    2011 GMC 3500 Crew Cab DRW Duramax

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSmith View Post
    I bought a 2015 Solitude 379FL off the lot at General RV. It did not have the generator prep. I had them install an Onan 5000 propane generator in the front compartment. It fit nicely. The start button was installed on the front of the kitchen island. Inside the trailer you can hardly hear it.
    Excellent. From what I understand the Solitude front compartment is larger than the Reflection but the Onan 4000 will fit which will suit me just fine. I found an online source with no charge shipping for $3,499 and a mobile RV repair guy, who installed a Fantastic fan in my last 5th wheel where there was no previous fan or vent, will install it completely (firebox, reinforced floor and wiring, etc.) for around $750! That's a huge savings over some of the big RV places like Camping World. I got complete quotes of $7-9,000! One dealer wanted to sell me the same generator for $4,500. That's a full $1,000 mark up.

Anyway, that's the direction we are going. Probably in the next few weeks if we're home long enough
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great Poppy! I know you will love having a built in generator. It is so nice not having to load up and unload a generator. Just push the button and instant electricity.
    Jeff & Nancy Smith
    Taylorsville, Utah
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    2011 GMC 3500 Crew Cab DRW Duramax

Long Ride

Generator Install Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Excellent. From what I understand the Solitude front compartment is larger than the Reflection but the Onan 4000 will fit which will suit me just fine. I found an online source with no charge shipping for $3,499 and a mobile RV repair guy, who installed a Fantastic fan in my last 5th wheel where there was no previous fan or vent, will install it completely (firebox, reinforced floor and wiring, etc.) for around $750! That's a huge savings over some of the big RV places like Camping World. I got complete quotes of $7-9,000! One dealer wanted to sell me the same generator for $4,500. That's a full $1,000 mark up.

Anyway, that's the direction we are going. Probably in the next few weeks if we're home long enough
    Poppy, please post a pic if not too much trouble. I'd love to see how they vented it and any extra sound proofing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast