User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    When I was hired at my company I told my boss I was going to retire in 5 years, that was 7 years ago The company was really struggling. They tried to sell but couldn't find a buyer so I told them I would get them going. I also wanted to get them ISO 9001 certified. That was completed yesterday. I expect the sales transaction to be complete in less than 90 days. We'll see what type retention bonus they offer. I live about 1 mile (4 stop signs) from work and work my own hours so it's pretty convenient. The very longest I will work is Dec. 31st. 2023.

I'm not attending the Washington rally. I am planning to go to Oregon Sand Lake Recreation area next month to ride my SxS on the beach hopefully I can find a spot right on the beach. I'll arrive on a Tue or Wed which usually helps beat the the weekend crowd. I'm trying to find some land (20-120 acres) around Hamilton Montana to summer /home base then winter down south (Quartzsite/Tucson area). I have a list of off road areas in So Cal I want to revisit from dirt bike days

Regards,
    Kevin
    It's nice being important and liking where you work. What does the company you work for do? I fix coin washers and dryers at apartments and colleges. U of O and OSU are in my area. I've worked at Eastern Washington and a bunch of others, setting up monitoring and or credit card systems to activate the machines. I will be missed but, the owners are running the machines into the ground. Many are at or close to 20 years old. Enough about work.

I driven over to Sand Lake from where we are camped. It's about 20 miles from Neskowin RV Resort (member park; so free for me after paying my dues). Sand Lake looks like a wide open place to ride the sand. The lot is paved for parking the rv's.
    We will be back over to Neskowin March 20th and 27th weekends.
    Later, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    It's nice being important and liking where you work. What does the company you work for do? I fix coin washers and dryers at apartments and colleges. U of O and OSU are in my area. I've worked at Eastern Washington and a bunch of others, setting up monitoring and or credit card systems to activate the machines. I will be missed but, the owners are running the machines into the ground. Many are at or close to 20 years old. Enough about work.

I driven over to Sand Lake from where we are camped. It's about 20 miles from Neskowin RV Resort (member park; so free for me after paying my dues). Sand Lake looks like a wide open place to ride the sand. The lot is paved for parking the rv's.
    We will be back over to Neskowin March 20th and 27th weekends.
    Later, KEN
    Hi Ken,
    For the last 45 years I have been working in the injection thermoplastic/thermoset industry. You know the old saying you get promoted to your highest level of incompetence LOL. I worked overseas for 5 years building/remodeling telecom MFG plants (Guadalajara, Wroclaw, Southampton, and Campinas). In the mid 70's I was trained in relay logic and hydraulic design (all hard wire AB 8 pole relays back then). By the time electronics came along I was in management so I can't fix much nowadays. Mostly just a chief cat herder . These RV's being mostly mechanical and me being OCD/overactive/6 hour sleeper is a good combination to keep me busy

I'm going to try and hit one of those weekends you mentioned above. I have to get a windshield wiper installed on the SxS. Apparently that's one of the Oregon requirements. I guess because it might rain or something I have it registered for both on-road and off-road in Washington so Oregon being one of the reciprocal states I'm good there

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great spot Kevin, might have to swing over that way in late August when we leave the Tetons.

-Brian
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeTrekker View Post
    Great spot Kevin, might have to swing over that way in late August when we leave the Tetons.

-Brian
    Hey Brian,
    Give me a heads up when you do. We can go for a ride in the SxS. It's a 4 seater. Not real fast, more like an off-road golf cart but the scenery is fantastic And of course I always have some home brew IPA on tap and/or bottled.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey Brian,
    Give me a heads up when you do. We can go for a ride in the SxS. It's a 4 seater. Not real fast, more like an off-road golf cart but the scenery is fantastic And of course I always have some home brew IPA on tap and/or bottled.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    I call shotgun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I call shotgun!

What are you talking about Ed. I'm drinking beer so you're the DD

Cheers,
    Kevin

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Boondocking on the St. Joe River ID.

What are you talking about Ed. I'm drinking beer so you're the DD

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Would I even fit? I’m about 6’7” wearing boots.
    If I ever got in you might not get me out. But they look like so much fun!
    We never seem to meetup with people that have them so we just daydream about one day owning one. But yea, I’ll be the designated driver anytime!

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Pictures Kevin,

Know the area well, lots of beautiful spots up the St Joe. We pick huckleberries way up Marble Creek, love to ride the wheeler up Big Creek

Another great spot for riding is Elk River, ID. Miles and miles of riding on Potlatch and FS roads.

Thanks for sharing
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a plan.....IPA for everyone
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post and pics Kevin. There are so many spots like this in the area. I live in Hayden, Idaho and ride sxs in the area as well. I live about 1.5 miles from National forest access. I’m camping in Palm Desert currently and enjoying 80 + degrees everyday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast