User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

More 337 Questions

So sorry everyone. Neither my wife nor I slept last night with so many questions about this unit. We hope to actually see one tomorrow but Deb has been sick so we'll see how that goes.

1.) One big question Deb struggled with last night and I had completely forgotten about is in regards to the curb side slide. Is the trailer still fully functional with that slide fully in? Our trailer is kept at home and while we can open all the street side slides, we would not be able to open the slide containing the dining table or the theater seating and we DO use the trailer for guests while it is at home. Can you still get all around the kitchen, sit at both the dinette and the theater seating?

2.) I had asked, in another post, questions about adding an on board generator. Based on some answers it doesn't sound like it will be financially possible. So, my next question was whether my 2- Honda EU2000 generators would fit in the front storage compartment. For anyone who could get to their trailer to measure .... the generators are roughly 10" wide by 20" long. I think they would easily fit width wise but is there at least 40" of length (across the width of the compartment)? Also, is that where GD locates the batteries? If so, I would need at least another 20" for the batteries. I carry at least 2 - 6 volt golf cart batteries. I'd rather carry 4 but I don't think there's any way to do that if I want to try and carry the generators up there as well.

Anyway, thanks for your help.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poppy - I just went out to our 337 to check a few things for you.

1. The trailer is "not" fully functional with the curb side slide in. I can not access the dinnette because it's right up against the kitchen island. Also, you can not put out the sofa bed because the slide blocks it. You can still sit in the theater seating and use the entertainment center with the slide in though. From the front of the theater seats to the entertainment center is about 5 feet with the slide in.

2. I measured the front storage area. The useful space is 19 inches deep, 24 inches high, and 40 inches wide with my two - six volt AGM batteries installed in cases.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the rear slides in the 337 operate independently? Our Solitude operates both slides at the same time. If the 337 operates the same way, I'm not sure if it would cause a problem for Poppy when the rig is at home.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Poppy - I just went out to our 337 to check a few things for you.

1. The trailer is "not" fully functional with the curb side slide in. I can not access the dinnette because it's right up against the kitchen island. Also, you can not put out the sofa bed because the slide blocks it. You can still sit in the theater seating and use the entertainment center with the slide in though. From the front of the theater seats to the entertainment center is about 5 feet with the slide in.

2. I measured the front storage area. The useful space is 19 inches deep, 24 inches high, and 40 inches wide with my two - six volt AGM batteries installed in cases.

Hope this helps.

Jim
    Well, that's good and bad news. I guess I could live without the dinette set if the theater seating is still available and the TV is usable. Usually only our adult kids stay there so we don't really need the sofa bed (we actually have the sofa bed from our trailer in storage because we never use it). I take it you walk in the door and then through the kitchen between the island and the refrigerator to get to the living room?

As far as the front storage goes it sounds like if the battery boxes are snugged up close and as far to the end as possible I may have 20" to store the 2 generators?

Thanks so much for the feedback Jim!

BTW, we are in Tucson often. My Mom and Dad live there with my sister and her husband. They are up around Oracle and Tangerine. We are anxious to take a trip to Lost Dutchman State Park one of these days. It looks awesome.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The 337 slide are electric, while the Solitude operates with hydraulics. You can control them separately.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "I take it you walk in the door and then through the kitchen between the island and the refrigerator to get to the living room?" - Yes, that's how you access it. BTW, you still have 1/2 of the sofa available too. We're on the opposite end of Tucson. Very near Sabino Canyon in the North East part of the city.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand about you wanting to use the camper for guest while it sits in your driveway, but I'd caution about using the theater seats when the slide is retracted as the slide floor is unsupported and could be damaged.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    I understand about you wanting to use the camper for guest while it sits in your driveway, but I'd caution about using the theater seats when the slide is retracted as the slide floor is unsupported and could be damaged.

Dave
    Very true.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel