User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transend 265BH. - Review / Advise

New to RV living, we are considering the GD Transend 265BH. The inside layout design has us sold. But, living in Ontario Canada, I have a few concerns with the stick and tin construction and the press wood flooring. Realizing this is an entry rig and will be giving up some exterior options in order to make this rig affordable.

Really looking for insight / reviews of the 265BH and Transend product build.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We own a 2019 Transcend 26RLS (our first TT) for just under a year and so far we've only had one minor issue with it, that was fixed immediately. Before we purchased I too was on the fence about the "stick and tin construction" of the trailer. With this type of construction you don't have to worry about the outside walls de-laminating or bubbling due to water leaks. It's not that fiberglass wall de-lamination is a huge issue, but it can happen. We were also told (not sure if its true or not) that its easier and cheaper to repair water damage with a "stick and tin construction" that one with fiberglass walls. The wood framing also makes it a tad easier to attach things like towel bar or shelves, etc. to the walls. I use a stud finder to locate the studs in the wall when I'm adding "suff" and I use a "not too long" wood screw to attach it. I saw a few pics on the web where some guy used 4 inch screws to attach something and they came right through the wall, but that can happen with any trailer. On the negative side the Transcend siding seems a tad harder to clean and wax because of the panels and its not a smooth surface. All that said, I do love the sleek look of the fiberglass sided trailers.

A
    s for the flooring, on mine from what little I can see, it looks like its OSB (Oriented Strand Board) or as some call it "wafer board". I would rather have had plywood, but someone in Grand Design wanted to save $50. Frankly, it doesn't concern me all that much. For more info on OSB go to https://www.apawood.org/osb.

In the end for us, we let the layout of the trailer be the deciding factor.
    We liked the idea that the 26RLS had an extra sofa over the Imagine 2600RB because we'll on occasion need the extra bed that the sofa offered. I know that you are considering a different trailer, but my 26RLS is probably made very similar to the 265BH.

I wish you the best of luck and if you need more info don't hesitate to reach out.

Bob

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bob for your insight.
    Just watched 30 minutes dealer video from Alberta. Very informative, answering questions I was pondering. Also reassured me about the hardness of the tin panels.... much more solid than I thought.

Again, I appreciate the comments as I agree the layout and quality of construction makes the rig.

On a side note, the team at GD are very responsive. Answering my emails within an hour on weekdays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are 8 months into ownership on ours. Did 2600 trip over the hot summer (AC worked perfect) .. right now in Denver .. warms up really nice.

We had a number off off the lot issues - each one fixed. GD helped with dealer issues, 3rd party issues, etc. I have about 1k in upgrades so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What upgrades do you currently have?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsincl View Post
    What upgrades do you currently have?
    Opted to add Roof vents covers, Furion back up camera, had the LP line moved from centre of the rig to the rear for the bbq and added a water line for the bbq area for spraying off.
    Looking at further upgrades to better tires and levelling kit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxman View Post
    Opted to add Roof vents covers, Furion back up camera, had the LP line moved from centre of the rig to the rear for the bbq and added a water line for the bbq area for spraying off.
    Looking at further upgrades to better tires and levelling kit.
    Do they make after market levelers? I think I'd be better off with that rather than trying to level via blocks and getting the stablizers just right.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsincl View Post
    Do they make after market levelers? I think I'd be better off with that rather than trying to level via blocks and getting the stablizers just right.
    Look on youtube. Many videos showing aftermarket options. We are going with Anderson Hitches 3604 Leveling / Chock kit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxman View Post
    Look on youtube. Many videos showing aftermarket options. We are going with Anderson Hitches 3604 Leveling / Chock kit.
    I love my Andersen levelers. They work really well. I'll use one on both sides of my box-drop sometimes to achieve level both side-to-side and fore-aft so I can leave it attached to the truck. Using them that way requires some trial and error (one has to be offset more than the other beforehand). They worked really well on my 28BH for side-to-side leveling (and chocking one side).
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Furrion camera is going to be in my future. When you said leveller, I thought you meant something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/LIPPERT-COMP-.../dp/B076BBXZL1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast