User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toilet will not fill up with water when Pedal pressed half way down

The toilet on my GD Reflection 2017 303RLS will not seal to allow water to fill up the bowl when needed. Any suggestions on how to fix without taking to Dealer?

I did not explain the issue very well! Sorry, the "ball valve does not close all the way enough for the seal to make contact with the toilet. There is about an 1/4 inch - 1/2 inch gap. So the water just flows into the tank when pressing the lever down half-way. Thanks again to those who respond.
    Jim

Jim Barth
    2017 GD Reflection 303RLS
    2017 RAM 2500 with Pullrite 2900 Superglide hitch
    Last edited by jbarth21; 02-15-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarth21 View Post
    The toilet on my GD Reflection 2017 303RLS will not seal to allow water to fill up the bowl when needed. Any suggestions on how to fix without taking to Dealer?
    Jim, assuming from the age of your trailer that it HAS worked properly for a long time, it’s likely that the seal in the opening at the bottom of the bowl has failed. I haven’t had the pleasure of replacing one myself yet but I’ve read that it’s easy to do; pull out the old one and pop in the new one. Maybe some of the obvious big RV accessory dealers carry the seal, and maybe it comes with instructions?

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim Barth
    2017 GD Reflection 303RLS
    2017 RAM 2500 with Pullrite 2900 Superglide hitch
    Have you cleaned the seal? Don't use any petroleum products (vaseline, for example) to keep it supple.

We also found that, after pushing the pedal all the way down to flush, letting it snap back into position seals it better than easing back up.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The toilet on my GD Reflection 2017 303RLS will not seal to allow water to fill up the bowl when needed.
    Ignoring the question of why it won't hold water (others have commented on the seal), FWIW we find it easier to use the shower to fill the toilet. We take the shower head and place it above the toilet and fill it without having to press the pedal just right.

I think we may have had to remove the hose from the guide on the wall in the shower, but can't remember for sure.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your toilet is most likely a Thetford. The toilet to bowl seal cant be replaced without disassembling the toilet. The easiest way is to remove the toilet. I had to do that on one of mine and replaced the seal, didnt take too long for the new one to fail. Following that I replaced the toilet with a Dometic 320. If that seal fails or you just want to clean the seal, you can simply hold the flapper open and pull the seal out, same to put it back in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Jim, assuming from the age of your trailer that it HAS worked properly for a long time, it’s likely that the seal in the opening at the bottom of the bowl has failed. I haven’t had the pleasure of replacing one myself yet but I’ve read that it’s easy to do; pull out the old one and pop in the new one. Maybe some of the obvious big RV accessory dealers carry the seal, and maybe it comes with instructions?

Good luck.
    Thank you for the info. I will take a look at the process to replace the seal.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for responding, I will try this.

Jim