Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would make more sense to make both the same. Seems like they could spend more time cleaning up after them selves rather than figuring which tank goes where. Some stuff just seems stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 2017 303RLS, with a 75 gallon total gray tank capacity. I contacted GD, and they told me the bathroom gray tank (#1) is 43 gallons, and the kitchen (#2) is 32 gallons.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    You can also put an external shut-off valve (Valera makes one) on the end of your dump pipe. Keeping it closed, you can pull both valves on you grey tanks, allowing them to equalize. We’ve done this a couple of times, as the shower/bath sink fills first for us. Depending on where you are (such as a state park, without formal hookups), there may be a spot in the park for community water and dumping of grey water, like if you are tenting. You could dump your dish water there, if it’s allowed.
    We did this exact thing to our Solitude the summer before last. Now two of us can spend a two week vacation (using public showers) without having to dump any gray water. Caveat: Of course this only works when your unit has a single sewer outlet. Second, one may to cut off the existing pipe to add the valve or it may stick out too far. Third, Lowes sells ABS glue. ABS glue is at best very difficult to use. It dries in a second or two so mating the parts needs to happen very quickly. This is very worth the effort if you ever dry camp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We have used the extra valve on the end of the waste line from the get-go. That way you can equalize the filling of the two gray tanks and they behave like one tank. You don't want to do this in cold weather, though, since the exposed part of the discharge line will freeze and crack... it would be a PITA to replace. When temps are forecast to get near or below freezing, I go back to keeping the tank valves closed and the discharge line empty.

Rob
    Could you open both gray valve tanks to equalize them and then shut the tank valves and depending on where you’re at open the dump valve to empty the excess water. I assume you would do that when you’re dumping your trailer because your going to dump the black tank first before the gray tanks.

Lance.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    Could you open both gray valve tanks to equalize them and then shut the tank valves and depending on where you’re at open the dump valve to empty the excess water. I assume you would do that when you’re dumping your trailer because your going to dump the black tank first before the gray tanks.

Lance.
    Funny, I just got one of these caps two weeks ago to replace the OEM that failed. My thought was to drain the line with a bucket first, then hook up hoses.
    https://www.valterra.com/product/was...-black-carded/Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T1020-1VP.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	25210
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 03-08-2020 at 04:18 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post

Lance.
    Yes - but we don't boondock, anyway (an occasional three-night stay without sewer). You are correct, also, in that I close both gray tank valves and open the valve at the end of the pipe before dumping the black tank.

As a follow-up, we have found that, as it is, the discharge outlet on our new Solitude 310GK-R is a bit too close to the ground for me to be comfortable putting the Valterra valve on the end of it. I'll take a closer look today as I dump the black tank for the first time, but I may have to cut the pipe back and glue on a new fitting in the long run.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swhight View Post
    We have the 2017 303RLS, with a 75 gallon total gray tank capacity. I contacted GD, and they told me the bathroom gray tank (#1) is 43 gallons, and the kitchen (#2) is 32 gallons.
    Our 2018 is the same. I believe they use the same size tanks for bathroom grey and black as they are installed adjacent to each other up near the basement. The galley is separate and makes up the difference. I wonder if on the 2020 the kitchen grey is actually 47 and not 40?
    Allyn & Sue
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 F350 Lariat PS 6.7
    Andersen Ultimate Connection 2

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyn56 View Post
    Our 2018 is the same. I wonder if on the 2020 the kitchen grey is actually 47 and not 40?
    This is what Mike shared in post #10 below (and confirmed by GDRV a few weeks ago on the other forum) that the 2020 kitchen grey is 47 for both 337 and 303. Our greys are 43 and 32......not sure what year GDRV changed to 87 total.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are equal size. I used the Valterra valve Richter was posting about to level off both tanks to get max capacity. If not, they will fill at different rates depending on how much kitchen vs bath are used.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    Both are equal size. I used the Valterra valve Richter was posting about to level off both tanks to get max capacity. If not, they will fill at different rates depending on how much kitchen vs bath are used.
    You have a 297....correct ? Are you saying both your greys are the same size ? informative to know but could confuse the thread since this thread is about a 2020 303.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12