User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I hear you here's "behind the wall" in our rig:Attachment 24895
    Don't look under the coroplast! OMG!!!! They put the plastic on before they do anything else. All the extra wires just get tossed on the top of the plastic. And saw dust, everything else. What a mess..
    Last edited by phonemannn; 02-17-2020 at 09:21 AM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    Don't look under the coroplast! OMG!!!! They put the plastic on before they do anything else. All the extra wires just get tossed on the top of the plastic. And saw dust, everything else. What a mess..
    +1..
    No joke..
    Whatever you do,,
    Don't look under the coroplast..

Teddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately as time and miles add up, bad wire management leads to chafing, couple that with left over metal shavings and saw dust that was never cleaned up (I don't believe the RV industry knows what a vacuum is) leads to conditions for shorting and potential fire. I have owned a number of RV's starting small with a tent trailer and working up and bigger as the family grew and our needs changed. The first thing I do once I get the new RV home is plug in the shop vac, grab a hand full of panduits pull as many panels as possible check the wiring and go to town cleaning things up. I also, check all the screws, lug nuts, plumbing attachments (started this after I found out my shower drain was not connected correctly and leaked under the tub/shower) In general go over the whole RV as much as possible prior to the first trip.
    Scott O.
    2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
    2019 28G Momentum

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is NO wire management under the floor. It just goes where ever it falls. I tried to get it looking better, but still without cutting, splicing lots of wires, a futile battle. I have never seen anything in such a mess....
    Shame....
    2017 GD 311BHS

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebadhawk View Post
    +1..
    No joke..
    Whatever you do,,

Teddy
    Shouldn't that be on top of the coroplast.....under would be the ground
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Shouldn't that be on top of the coroplast.....under would be the ground
    How about on the other side?
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a certified Virgo and a hairy arsed electrical engineer. I cringe every time I open up a space to correct a problem. I have avoided the temptation to open up the coroplast when I do not need to do so.
    From past experience the wiring/plumbing is at best marginal. I have counted five different electrical connectors, some of which are not suitable for mobile applications installed on critical electrical applications. I wish I had the wire contract for GD as I have removed in some cases, ten feet of excess wiring that was just stuffed above the ceiling and in walls. I have a plan to section the underneath into 4' sections using Unistrut and maybe a Coroplast substitute so that I can open a section at a time but that is a future project. I do however want to be able to access the valves and tanks so that is where I would start and work my way out to the ends.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But guys this is a totally professional job for a Indiana Meth Head. LOL God why is their so many damn wires? I think I counted like 6 extra outlets in the 221rb I looked at. This is insane! Oh this will drive me crazy when I drop the coroplast. Hopefully mine want be this bad.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will also copy this part to the neatness thread as it transcends two discussions. When I looked at the Alliance, there were no loose or excess wires or screws and no evidence of sawdust. When I went thru three of the GD units, the dealership hadn't even taken the time or effort to even clean the saw dust from exposed kitchen shelving, much less an open but accessible. I read a comment about the excess wiring and being stuck everywhere. This comes from the two edged sword where piecework meets unseen waste. If a worker who is installing wiring begins cutting 2-3 feet of wiring from the installation and throwing it out onto the floor, then whoever is supervising that area will be forced to address it which means that whoever is cutting and installing it will have to spend more time measuring and then everyone else down the line will be forced to spend time actually routing the wiring. Hiding the excess is the easiest course for the workers and only will be found during the rectifying of a problem found during GD's QC inspection, the dealer addressing an issue during warranty, or the most likely scenario which is the owner finding and addressing the issue. It is more "cost effective" to bury the excess rather than being "neat". The more that it is seen in the production process, the more it becomes acceptable. I will also copy this part to the neatness thread as it transcends two discussions. When I looked at the Alliance, there were no loose or excess wires or screws and no evidence of sawdust. When I went thru three of the GD units, the dealership hadn't even taken the time or effort to even clean the saw dust from exposed kitchen shelving, much less an open but accessible. I read a comment about the excess wiring and being stuck everywhere. This comes from the two edged sword where piecework meets unseen waste. If a worker who is installing wiring begins cutting 2-3 feet of wiring from the installation and throwing it out onto the floor, then whoever is supervising that area will be forced to address it which means that whoever is cutting and installing it will have to spend more time measuring and then everyone else down the line will be forced to spend time actually routing the wiring. Hiding the excess is the easiest course for the workers and only will be found during the rectifying of a problem found during GD's QC inspection, the dealer addressing an issue during warranty, or the most likely scenario which is the owner finding and addressing the issue.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebadhawk View Post
    +1..
    No joke..
    Whatever you do,,