User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slideout weather stripping style?

need to replace weather stripping one side of a slideout. (Got caught on something and was torn). As I take the old one partially off, I realize the replacement stuff I have is not the same as what is coming off. The origional appears to be a double wall with a channell in the middle. (I have done a web search and found something call "Double EKD Seal Base" that looks very similar to what I am taking off. My question is, Is there a part number I can use to order the exact replacement? Since it is Sunday, cant call the dealer, so I thought I would ask a thousand or so of my closest friends....
    I have searched on here but nothing came up. Tried slide out weather stripping, slide out seals, etc.
    thanks Alan
    369RL

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlannLori View Post
    need to replace weather stripping one side of a slideout. (Got caught on something and was torn). As I take the old one partially off, I realize the replacement stuff I have is not the same as what is coming off. The origional appears to be a double wall with a channell in the middle. (I have done a web search and found something call "Double EKD Seal Base" that looks very similar to what I am taking off. My question is, Is there a part number I can use to order the exact replacement? Since it is Sunday, cant call the dealer, so I thought I would ask a thousand or so of my closest friends....
    I have searched on here but nothing came up. Tried slide out weather stripping, slide out seals, etc.
    thanks Alan
    369RL
    Have you checked the GD website. There's a place you can go and look for parts. Note - not all parts are there, but yours could be.

On the GD site, click on the "Owners Tools" and then hover over "Service and Warranty". "Parts Lookup" is in the next window, click on that.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip
    and with your tip, I located the weather stripping/molding
    Part # 640012 in case anyone else needs it. Will call my local dealer tomorrow and help keep them in business for another week or so...
    Thank You!!!!
    Last edited by AlannLori; 02-16-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlannLori View Post
    Thanks for the tip
    and with your tip, I located the weather stripping/molding
    Part # 640012 in case anyone else needs it. Will call my local dealer tomorrow and help keep them in business for another week or so...
    Thank You!!!!
    I'm glad it worked for you. We, on the other hand, cannot find the actual slide seal that's on our rig. I'm going to call GD Tuesday and ask them.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for seals as well, part # for our rig is 640201 according to the parts website.
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These folks may have what you need rvupgradestore.com
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar