User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 353 G Momentum Toyhauler

New to the Grand Design Forum,DW will be retiring in 3 months and me for the 3rd time also. Has anyone purchased on of these and how much were you able to get them to come off MSRP. Have been looking at other brands also and it seems to be all over the map anywhere from 37 to 45 % off. I know it’s still a little early to start the process but we want to have all our ducks in a role. House goes on the market next month and good lord willing it will sale by the time school is out. We plan on traveling for a couple years then settle down In PA. Thanks for any advice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!!!!

If you can get 37-45% off jump on it ASAP. Average is 15-25% if I am reading that right.

Make sure you have enough truck too.

Start looking at the lists of essentials. Pages like keepyourdaydream.com and changinglanes.com have purchase recommendations for essentials and other nice to haves. This will give you a good look at what you might want to get and you can start getting what you need. I can tell you getting back into it ourselves we forgot at how much these things add up.

If you’re selling the house a lot of what you have can go in there so make sure you pick enough trailer for the “cargo”

Can’t wait to follow this thread and see where it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A % off can be a confusing and deceiving thing. % off what?? MSRP may or may not be a figure available on some brands. For GD you can "build and price" to arrive at that number but it's not complete. Unless the dealer is next for to the factory there will be shipping/freight which could be thousands depending on what dealer claims and part of the country. Some dealers may add a "dealer prep" basically an unknown representing ADP, Additional Dealer Profit. There may be a PDI fee, maybe they pre-add Extended Service Plans, tire extended plans, fancy wax job, interior treatments, etc.etc. The last list of items is more ADP.

Statistics lie and liars use statistics. The numbers can be jumbled so many ways it may seem impossible to know what real % you are getting off a MSRP. When comparing offers from dealers make sure it's an apples-apples comparison. Get it in writing even if the "offer" is only "for that day". Get some line by line offers so the apples part applies. Separate the ADP items and decide what or if you want any. Out the door, OTD, is the only true measure of what kind of deal you are getting. Some fees are non negotiable, state/government mandated title and taxes. Knowing what those fees are you can still get an OTD offer. Be aware that of state transactions may treat the fees/taxes differently. May be a $$$ advantage or disadvantage depending on the states. Alabama charges 3+-% on vehicles and surrounding states more than double that.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we purchased we got to a final figure of around 25% off what the dealer had listed as the MSRP. The only fees were Sales Tax and delivery, and an upcharge tor the hitch I wanted instead of theirs. All license and associated fees were refunded to us. I checked around to 3 different dealers and all had close to the same MSRP on the rigs, so I feel pretty good about our deal. And I did purchase out of state, and was charged our state tax. Make the best deal you feel comfortable with at the dealer you like the best. As long as you go in Eyes Open it's the best you can do. I would not but any dealer add on's.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice all, have only been able to get one dealer pinned down on a price for a 353 G still not were I want to be. I have about 2 years of info on dealers and what they have done in the past on different brands of toyhaulers.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you ended up finding one, but for a 2020 in Colorado or Wyoming I'd expect to be at about $67k. It is $2200 to ship them, so that has to be added into the costs. I had a deal on a 353g finalized and another sales person sold it. I would think on a new one, if you are anywhere in the 60-70k range depending on options you are good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My local property tax department assessed my RV bill including several dealer add-ons, including the generator. I encourage you to purchase your options separately, not to be included on the original bill of sale. Paying taxes one time is challenging enough, but every year!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got ours for 58,000, send me a email and I will copy you our build sheet
    Last edited by ChopchopBangbang; 12-30-2021 at 01:37 AM.